turbo 3.1

dalejw3

hey. what would I have to do to turbo a 3.1 that was not built for turbo. I was looking at a lumina Z34 but I'm not sure about the DOHC. I thought If I could take a 2 door lumina, put all the ground effects on and turbo the 3.1 it would be just as fast and much more reliable. tell me what ya think

Or I can save you some trouble and tell you to find a full turbo engine w/turbo specific tranny, because you're gonna have a lot of problems trying to T/C a factory N/A engine. And both Luminas that you are talking about are going to have a 4T60E tranny, which isn't a very strong tranny. The Z34's will be especially weak if the car has been abused, since the DOHC motor is hard on trannys. But, that's just my $.02

I would say, if your going to turbo a n/a 3.1L, then you might as well swap in the 5spd, cuz your going to have to pull the motor and trans. The 5spd is more fun, and I think more reliable

Robby