PASSLock problems

CuttySup

Well, I'm wondering if there's a way to disable my PASSLock system or fix my problem. It seems like all the time now when I go to start my car in the morning or at a gas station or something like that, the system engages and it won't let me start my car and I have to wait 15 minutes. I've switched keys to my spare and back and that doesn't seem to help. The keys aren't dirty or wet, so what can it be?

hopefully this is relavant, but does it click, but not start? i have a similar problem, and I thought it might be a loose ground or something, but more and more im thinking it might be my key

No, nothing. I turn the key and after the dash lights do their test and turn off, the SECURITY light is flashing. I wait for 10-15 minutes and it starts up and runs and drives like normal. It's just wierd because my key doesn't have the actual chip embedded in it like my 97 Cutlass did.

Yes there is a way to bypass passlock.

Take apart the column until you can see the wires for the passlock. It is basically the same as disabling VATS systems. unplug the connector and read the resistance of the module by using a DVOM across the two terminals coming from the switch (key must be in and turned forward). Then buy the correct resistors from radioshack, and connect them to the passlock wires going to the PCM. There is a link for a FAQ below, keep in mind your resistor is embedded into the switch not the kay, so you have to probe the wires in the column to get your resistance value.

Also it will permanently disable it if you unplug the passlock connector while the key is in and the vehicle is running.

http://vats.likeabigdog.com/

Yes there is a way to bypass passlock.

Take apart the column until you can see the wires for the passlock. It is basically the same as disabling VATS systems. unplug the connector and read the resistance of the module by using a DVOM across the two terminals coming from the switch (key must be in and turned forward). Then buy the correct resistors from radioshack, and connect them to the passlock wires going to the PCM. There is a link for a FAQ below, keep in mind your resistor is embedded into the switch not the kay, so you have to probe the wires in the column to get your resistance value.

Also it will permanently disable it if you unplug the passlock connector while the key is in and the vehicle is running.

http://vats.likeabigdog.com/

There is a way to bypass the PASSLock, but it's not as simple as bypassing the VATS/PASSKey II system. It would be a bit misleading to follow the VATS write-up, as the PASSLock has 3 wires.

Check out this site, and order up a transponder bypass module:

http://www.drdetailshop.com/Transponderreference.htm#OLDSMOBILE

The 555L is the one that'll work on the Intrigue...