saw my first W-donks

black_97_ls

"ghetto black drug dealer" thing to do

you kinda lost me with that one. Why black drug dealer?

because 99% of them are amongst my area....im not being racist or stereotypical(maybe a little) but literally every "donks", etc etc etc i see is someone who's doin business from their trunk

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• black_97_ls

• GnatGoSplat

• MonteCarloChick

• Psych0matt

mexican rims as they are called around here.

Same here, we got a lot of that here too.

As for the donks, which Ive never heard of that term either, are very gay. ive only seen 1 around here, an early 80's Cutlass. the rims were worth 10 times the car!!

and on that one episode of pimp my ride when they did one of those 'donks', well i think my neighbor heard me screaming at the tv, lol

I have only seen a couple of those around here. A early 80s 2 door caprice with 24s and a mid 90s impala with 24s, but that one had plates from florida. I guess they arent big up north. Ive seen alot in rap videos though, they are pretty cool. I dont think id drive one, but i dont hate them either.

I guess you haven't been to the east side of Buffalo

No I dont go into the city much. There are quite a few down there? The two I saw where at the Shredd & Reagan Cruise Nite.

Around here most people take the rims off and put the stockers back on for winter. The salt on the roads does a number on chrome, plus i doubt those low pro tires would have much of any traction in the snow.

That's what I always called them. Back in the mid-90's, there were lots of white and I think even black people with those little 13" wire wheels that stick out 6" on small FWD cars and mini-trucks. These days, I only see them on cars and trucks driven by Mexicans, usually bigger vehicles. There's a teal 88-98 Chevy fullsize stepside truck w/little gold wires that I :lol: at every time I see it because it has a mural on the tailgate of itself running from a cop.

That's what I always called them. Back in the mid-90's, there were lots of white and I think even black people with those little 13" wire wheels that stick out 6" on small FWD cars and mini-trucks. These days, I only see them on cars and trucks driven by Mexicans, usually bigger vehicles. There's a teal 88-98 Chevy fullsize stepside truck w/little gold wires that I :lol: at every time I see it because it has a mural on the tailgate of itself running from a cop.

Yea theres Eclipse for sale by me with those dayton rims and tires that stick out from the car. It also has a very large and ugly bodykit on it. I like Eclipses but this one looks like ass. Needless to say it hasnt sold.

Try to snap a pic of that mural. Thats pretty damn funny!

Driving through Detroit makes me want to gouge my eyes out.

even if you did you could still drive better than most of the people in detroit. I'm suprised my car is still in once piece.

black 97 ls... I gotta disagree with ya on your definition of "Donk".... most donks are pre '78. '72, '73. '74 Caprices for instance. Pimp My Ride also had the whole "Box" theory wrong... a "Box Chevy" is simply and 80's - early 90's Caprice or Impala, whether they're on big ass rims or not. Why everyone is doing it... I dont know... makes about as much sense to me as some rich guys jacking up F-250's and Tahoe's and what not and being too scared to take 'em in the mud..... sitting high for no reason.

Here ya go guys, take this for what it's worth...

Donk (automobile)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Donk is a slang term referring to a type of highly customized automobile, typically an inexpensive American-built sedan from the 1970s, 1980s or 1990s. Donks originally grew out of the Dirty South hip hop subculture but the trend has spread across the United States. Vehicles customized in the donk style are distinguished by their outsized rims, ranging from 20" to 30" or more in diameter, as well as fanciful custom paint-jobs and expensive audio hardware. Suspension modifications similar to those employed on lifted pickup trucks are made to give adequate clearance for the large rims. Often the suspension is modified so the front end sits slightly higher than the rear end, giving the car a swaggering appearance. Because of the almost comically exaggerated look gained from installing a lifted suspension and enormous rims, donks are also known as "hi-risers" or "sky-scrapers."

Popular vehicles for these types of modifications are full-size Chevrolet, Ford and Chrysler models. Two of the most popular models to modify are the Chevrolet Impala and Chevrolet Monte Carlo. Many enthusiasts agree that the term "donk" was orginally shortened from "donkey, " because the Chevolet Impala logo resembled one. The donk label has been applied to other cars, but the only true donk is an Impala. There are several sub-types of donks, although the distinctions are blurred and open to debate. However, most hi-riser enthusiasts agree that a traditional donk is a 1970s-era car with a sloping rear end. A "box" is a sub-type of a donk, usually a 1980s-era car with a boxy or squared-off front and rear end. A "bubble" is another sub-type and is usually a car with smooth, streamlined lines from the 1990s or 2000s.

..... I personally think that donks are cool. I look at them with a sense of humor. While I am into big rims, I am also into being able to lay the body on the ground and tuck them. I have a 56 bel air sedan that when done will be on 22's or 24's but when u dump the hydros, it will tuck them and be slammed on the ground.

see ya,

Sean

Well, whatever you guys want to call them, theres plenty all over Toledo. In fact, given the right time of the month, there may be a few sitting outside my apartment complex. I bet if I drove across the busy road to the worse side of Toledo(litterally 1/4 mile away), I could count 5 or 6 within 15 minutes. Theres a shop about 1 mile up the road from my apartment that usually has 2-3 of these cars sitting outside.

I agree with Sean. I don't totally hate them, but I don't love em either. If the color/wheel/height combo is decent, I like em. I am all about laying body, too. I would love an older G body that sits on 22s, but can sit low with the best of 'em. I also would like to have a newer FWD car layin body with bags. :D

If the color/wheel/height combo is decent, I like em.

I think the whole objective behind them is for the color, wheel, and height combo to be very, very far from decent.

I think they are completely retarded and are a clear sign that the human species is devolving. It's as though stupidity is a disease, and people are becoming infected at an alarming rate. It's as dumb as those stupid retard kids who wear their pants around their knees because they think it looks "cool" when it really makes them look like fools. I predict our kind will destroy itself out of sheer stupidity.

I think the whole objective behind them is for the color, wheel, and height combo to be very, very far from decent.

I think they are completely retarded and are a clear sign that the human species is devolving. It's as though stupidity is a disease, and people are becoming infected at an alarming rate. It's as dumb as those stupid retard kids who wear their pants around their knees because they think it looks "cool" when it really makes them look like fools. I predict our kind will destroy itself out of sheer stupidity.

Wow. Best post ever.

Agreed.

G Machine = Pro Touring. Older cars (usually <90s) set up with modern suspension/wheels/tires etc for cornering and engine work ic/ power adders, and added displacment, and sometimes both)

I agree with Sean. I don't totally hate them, but I don't love em either. If the color/wheel/height combo is decent, I like em. I am all about laying body, too. I would love an older G body that sits on 22s, but can sit low with the best of 'em. I also would like to have a newer FWD car layin body with bags. :D

Be careful man, agreeing with me on this is putting you on the chopping block here. Most people here think donks are gay, retarded, stupid, waste of money, blah blah blah.... Without being too offensive to anyone imparticular, what do alot of people think about 90s style Cutlasses, Luminas, Montes, GPs, etc. etc. that are anything but worn out old winter beaters? I am not excluding myself from that previous statement either. I am just pointing out that there are alot of followings in the car world that obviously have different opinions of what is "cool" and what is not. Post one of our cars on a donk website or take one to a donk meet and see what is said about us. Don't get me wrong, I am not flaming by anymeans, just showing how closed minded some people in all walks of life can be.

-Sean

what do alot of people think about 90s style Cutlasses, Luminas, Montes, GPs, etc. etc. that are anything but worn out old winter beaters?

I fail to make the connection. That's an apples to oranges comparison there. One is an old car, the other is someone's expression of (lack of) taste. It's not the same thing.

Post one of our cars on a donk website or take one to a donk meet and see what is said about us.

They have websites? I wouldn't think their IQ is high enough to even know how to turn on a computer.

Don't get me wrong, I am not flaming by anymeans, just showing how closed minded some people in all walks of life can be.

You say "closed minded", I say "possessing some semblance of taste and sensibility".

easycoastyders.com

-- I go to that site for laughs.

I kinda like cars on semi-big wheels. 22" on a Chrysler 300C is about my limit, but I'm wearing out of that. I like good, clean, fast cars that are not restricted to track use, and nicely modified sleepers, and stuff like that.

easycoastyders.com

-- I go to that site for laughs.

I kinda like cars on semi-big wheels. 22" on a Chrysler 300C is about my limit, but I'm wearing out of that. I like good, clean, fast cars that are not restricted to track use, and nicely modified sleepers, and stuff like that.

wow, you need to learn to type your links better! :lol:

eastcoastryders.com is what you meant i assume