• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• turby

• Euro

• J

• Grand Moff Joseph

it's a her! I told her that it is copyright infringement and that if i were to find out that someone bought a picture of my car i would use it as evidence to prosecute. Which i think i am going to have a few people buy them for shits and giggles, and if she does sell them i will prosecute her, it will cost $$$ but more principle than anything.

My picture is gone as of now, but we'll see.

Anyone wanna teach me how to use PS or paint to do watermarks?!

Seems as if the person has changed the description as well. They are only selling "1993 red Chevy Lumina..." but there are still 2 per set. And, someone has purchased a set.

First, the photo has no watermark. You can't prove they stole it from you.

Second, you have posted that on a "public" forum before. You have no rights to expect privacy after doing so.

How many people on this forum have copy/pasted pics from other forums? Do you think you should be sued as well?

I'm not trying to be a dick either. I've seen it happen before. and to whoever suggested sueing them, STFU. There are enough sue happy people in this world. It's a stupid picture for god's sake.

Second, you have posted that on a "public" forum before. You have no rights to expect privacy after doing so.

How many people on this forum have copy/pasted pics from other forums? Do you think you should be sued as well?

I'm not trying to be a dick either. I've seen it happen before. and to whoever suggested sueing them, STFU. There are enough sue happy people in this world. It's a stupid picture for god's sake.

I kinda agree with Turby here. I don't know the law, but the internet is public place, and I don't see a copyright on the photos.

Again, not tyring to be a dick.

not to be a dick

But you like it in the butt, right? At least thats what you said last night. :lol:

Anyway...the internet is Public Domain and there are many stipulations as to having your information posted on the web if someone can use/sell/save that information.

You Know your car looks good when people steal pictures of it and sell them on Ebay. :lol: :willynilly:

However, everything changes when you try to sell it and claiming it (Or leading people to Believe) as your own. Also, anything that a person creates (Drawings, Pictures, Articles, etc.) is automatically assumed copyrighted by its producer, there does NOT have to be any Legal Forms. But things tend to get a little more sticky in these situations, therefore if its something worth anything Its best to file for copyright.

However, everything changes when you try to sell it and claiming it (Or leading people to Believe) as your own. Also, anything that a person creates (Drawings, Pictures, Articles, etc.) is automatically assumed copyrighted by its producer, there does NOT have to be any Legal Forms. But things tend to get a little more sticky in these situations, therefore if its something worth anything Its best to file for copyright.

-Didn't see where he was trying to say they were his pics. Was he?

-If things are to be assumed as copyrighted then everyone here better delete everything they have save off of the internet.

-Something worth anything? It's a f'n picture for God's sake. Who cares?

This country is getting so PC it's sickening. Relax.

Guest TurboSedan

i remember one time i found an auction on ebay for a "3.1 Turbo kit". all of the pics were of my Cutlass engine on the engine stand in my garage. it's not flattering at all; more like a slap in the face seeing someone use your own hard work to make themselves money. i went about it the wrong way (i was pissed). i immediately "won" the auction using BIN and sent him a nasty email. thankfully he never posted negative feedback. using other peoples pictures is really lame but unfortunately not much you can do about it after you yourself post the pics publicly on the internet or elsewhere.

to be honest i don't see what the big deal is in this case. i guess i would just be flattered and forget it. now if this woman claimed the car was hers, then that would be different. just my opinion i guess.

So turby, if some one took a picture of you, and started to market it publicly for their own personal profit, you wouldn't be upset at all with that? If some one took some thing that was mine (my images, my self, or my car), and turned around to make a profit off of my work... thats when its upsetting.

I post my work publicly so people can enjoy my images, not make money off of them.

Thats my view. Now to get sue happy over it, I'm not sure in this situation, but if it was a major market, and my images were taken publicly, that is, and always will be pirating. If you copy and paste a document thesis that some one else wrote, but you leave out their name, its plagiarism... you see where Im going with this.

So turby, if some one took a picture of you, and started to market it publicly for their own personal profit, you wouldn't be upset at all with that? If some one took some thing that was mine (my images, my self, or my car), and turned around to make a profit off of my work... thats when its upsetting.

I post my work publicly so people can enjoy my images, not make money off of them.

Thats my view. Now to get sue happy over it, I'm not sure in this situation, but if it was a major market, and my images were taken publicly, that is, and always will be pirating. If you copy and paste a document thesis that some one else wrote, but you leave out their name, its plagiarism... you see where Im going with this.

you forgot to start it off with "not to be a dick" therefor your point is invalid.

Well, I had this happen to me earlier this year. Someone was selling a STE AWD on ebay, and were using my photobucket pics on the auction. Another forum told me about it, and I imediately contacted the seller and bidders after moving the pics. I am so glad I did. The high bidder was VASSBMW, And going by the pics, he assumed it was a prestine car. Since I moved the pics on my photobucket thing to a private account, the seller was forced to post his own pictures, and what a hunk of shit that car was. It didnt sell either and the seller tried to get me banned from ebay for interferring with his auctions.

Anyways, to the point, ebays stand point is that since I have no way to prove that the pics were mine, the car represented in the pics was mine, they were unwilling to do anything. Since the picture in question doesnt have a VIN number, water mark, studio name, etc, theres pretty much nothing you can do.

Well, I had this happen to me earlier this year. Someone was selling a STE AWD on ebay, and were using my photobucket pics on the auction. Another forum told me about it, and I imediately contacted the seller and bidders after moving the pics. I am so glad I did. The high bidder was VASSBMW, And going by the pics, he assumed it was a prestine car. Since I moved the pics on my photobucket thing to a private account, the seller was forced to post his own pictures, and what a hunk of shit that car was. It didnt sell either and the seller tried to get me banned from ebay for interferring with his auctions.

Anyways, to the point, ebays stand point is that since I have no way to prove that the pics were mine, the car represented in the pics was mine, they were unwilling to do anything. Since the picture in question doesnt have a VIN number, water mark, studio name, etc, theres pretty much nothing you can do.

damn...that VASSBMW guy is a douchebag. he picks up EVERY rare GM car/part that ive seen on ebay

-Didn't see where he was trying to say they were his pics. Was he?

-If things are to be assumed as copyrighted then everyone here better delete everything they have save off of the internet.

-Something worth anything? It's a f'n picture for God's sake. Who cares?

This country is getting so PC it's sickening. Relax.

Its the point more so than anything. First off when someone tries to sell something it is a legimate assumption that he or she has the right to sell it, this is NOT the case here. The car in the picture belongs to Jay, however its the fact that Jay took the pictures that is important here, thats what makes the pictures legally his. And NOWHERE did I say that trying to sue this person would get him anywhere, because it is pointless.

The Red lumi pic was taken in Toledo, Ohio in International Park where I photo my cars often. Someone took a picture of my 442 and was making posters out of them and selling them on ebay for $10, people were buying them too, I just emailed him, told him it was my car and he sent me some free posters. Hey I'm a nice guy and easy to satisfy. Heres a small image of the poster.

[attachment deleted by admin] Removed to free up storage space.

you forgot to start it off with "not to be a dick" therefor your point is invalid.

If people on this forum didn't fly off the handle so quick I wouldn't have to put a disclaimer like that.

The Red lumi pic was taken in Toledo, Ohio in International Park where I photo my cars often. Someone took a picture of my 442 and was making posters out of them and selling them on ebay for $10, people were buying them too, I just emailed him, told him it was my car and he sent me some free posters. Hey I'm a nice guy and easy to satisfy. Heres a small image of the poster.

damn...thats one shitty quality poster(not the car...the car's SWEET)