Would you guys pass up a running/driving parts car?

NOHC_WBody

Free running/driving parts car-90' Lumina  

1. 1. Free running/driving parts car-90' Lumina

• Yes. I can always use more W Body parts.
    • Bah, it's not a Z34.
    • Spouse might say no.

1990 3.1/Auto 4D Lumina 120K. I'm going to try to convince a friend of mine to donate it to the Gutlass' cause :D He & the wife are buying a new VW, and I think they just want to donate it to a charity or some shit like that, but hopefully, I'm going to get to intervene.

I honestly can't think of a thing I could possibly use on my Cutlass out of a 90 3.1 Lumina 4dr, so I would pass it up.

If it's a good running, non-wrecked car, I'd rather see it go to charity where someone can use it for its intended purpose, rather than see it destroyed for parts, but that's just me.

hell yeah, make that your beater, and keep your Cultass in really good shape. That way, if you want to do some major mods to your cutlass, you still got a way to get around

Robby

full tank of gas+gun+shots to tank=big boom

It doesn't work quite like the movies :wink: :wink:

Personally, I've got 3 parts cars. 1 90 GP LE coupe that I rolled back in High School. A 92 GP SE coupe that I bought for $300. I've started parting that out already. And I just bought a 92 GP SE Coupe with a 3.4 and a 5spd in it for parts. Got that one for $100 I've gotten a good deal of parts from them for my TGP. :D And I'll have a few spare parts for a while. But if there's really no parts you could use out of it, why buy it to part it out? I know charities around here are always looking for running cars. They fix em up and sell em. That's just my $.02 though.

Guest RedCutlassSL

i know a car won't blow up like in the movies, in reality, you shoot the tank, let some gas pour out, then shoot the pavement near it to create a spark

Actually charities send the cars to auctions and get whatever the cars bring at the auction.

One of the local charities fixes them. I know that for a fact. They have a commercial on TV about donating cars all the time.

• 2 weeks later...

I think if you're just going to beat it up or blow the thing to pieces you should just let it go to charity. If you're actually going to make some sensible use of it, then get it.

1990 3.1/Auto 4D Lumina 120K. I'm going to try to convince a friend of mine to donate it to the Gutlass' cause :D He & the wife are buying a new VW, and I think they just want to donate it to a charity or some shit like that, but hopefully, I'm going to get to intervene.

hey...if he donates it...that's a nice tax write-off. that's what i did with my '89 civic! got me more money than the damn thing was worth out of it!