Question for those with aftermarket boost gauges

z284pwr

I have found nothing that links the 2 together.

The SES light comes on very intermittently, usually just while driving down the road cruising. Its never came on during load/boost at all.

I don't see how this would affect boost as it has just barely started doing this since the engine went back in and long before that is when the boost issues apparently started, but I'll check the wire for sure...

Brian, have you looked over all the info for a Code 43?

http://www.w-body.com/ecm-codes.html#43

I can post a more detailed description + troubleshooting flowchart from the factory service manual if you want...

I looked at that page and I checked for those

The connector was definitely on, we pulled it off, put back on, we made sure it was tight. Check the wire, it didn't have anything near it that could rub through. I changed the ECM with another one we had, and verified the module wires were in.

It has popped back on with this ECM yet, I haven't driven much yet though.

We have like literally looked through the entire house AND garage looking for the TopGun chip with NO luck :sad:This is not cool, expensive little thing to have misplaced in a really hard place obviously :cry:

Looks like our Beretta one

Anyway, I would assume the lift hook bracket is the black bracket on the alternator?

I'll give it a shot tomorrow thanks for that Matt, really appreciate it...

I'm really starting to wonder about this poor boost problem, with like 65* outside temps at night I was just barely getting 5 psi? :rolleyes:

Pressure tester showed no leaks either I've done it a few times now too :mad:

Anyway, I would assume the lift hook bracket is the black bracket on the alternator?

Yep, that's the one since it's closest to the knock sensor. You could probably tap anything connected to the block/heads in that general area w/ the same result.

Update for Matt and Jeff..

We did change the ECM, moved the knock wire around, disconnected and reconnected it and I've driven the car about 25 miles since and it hasn't come on and no datalogging of it yet...

I also moved some vacuum lines around and found a small boost leak, anyway, I drove it around, the gauge it ~10.5 PSI, BUT the Datalog still only showed Kpa around 156? So the gauge is showing 10PSI and the datalog is only about 8PSI. They are both hooked onto the same vacuum port just those 2 lines right off the back of the plenum. The car also feels like it runs the same as it had been before? I even swapped engine MAP sensors and the same readings. The wastegate duty cycle still shows the same thing, it slows steps up and hits about 100% by 4900. Oh yeah and it was just peaking ~11 PSI, it would hit it and drop back down to about 8-9. It would hit 11 at like 3200 and drop to 8-9 by 4000 about.