Strut question

SLAMDIT

Hey everyone,

I am trying to perfect my air ride setup on my car and I am somewhat limited by the one piece strut design of my Cutlass. Correct me if I am wrong, but when GM changed the bodystyle in 97 or 98 (whenever it was) they dropped the one piece strut and went with a more common design where the strut is held onto the spindle with 2 bolts instead of being 1 piece like it is on mine.

I am considering taking a whole strut assembly from a newer Cutlass or Monte or Alero, something along those lines. My question is will the axles and brakes and everything line up and fit properly or are they different?

If you know of any 2 piece struts that the axles would be compatible with my car I am all ears. I am bagging another Cutlass this winter for my wife and plan on revamping some stuff on mine. This is my biggest obsticle.

Thanx

Sean

They are completely different compared to a 97+ gen 2 W-body. Nothing lines up and nothing fits. You'd need to build custom control arms and build hybrid halfshafts.

I've never heard of anyone trying N-body parts though.