spray detailer?

Psych0matt

So, I have a bottle of this that came with a clay bar kit I bought last summer, and it's since just been taking up space. I washed up the car tonight because I was bored, but it got dark before I had time to wax it (was just waxed last week anyways, so no big deal). I decided to spray this stuff on the car and use my new microfiber towels to polish and remove the spray, basically. It made the car look shiny, and made it feel smother than without it, although not as much as a wax would. I can't comment on how it really looks in the light, though. does anyone else have any experience or thoughts?

Commonly referred to as a Quick Detailer (QD)... people on autopia.com talk about them all the time. They're great to use after a wash for the "just waxed" look, in between waxes. You can also use them to clean off light dust if your car isn't too dirty (like if you were taking it to shows or something). I find all the ones I've used to be basically the same, I've got Mother's Showtime (I think it's called) which came in the claybar box, at work I use Meg's Final Inspection (it's under the AC Delco logo.. but the same product). I love to use it on the cars in the showroom to remove the dust, leaves them nice and shiney and smooth feeling. It actually works good on windows too (again, if they are only dusty, not dirty).

good to know. LIke i said, it's been sitting in "my" autozone basket of car care stuff, and i figured i didnt have time for a wax, might as well see what happens

matt what kind did you use? I always use Mothers Showtime Instant Detailer. And same with loudcut with the California Duster. Comes in handy thats for sure

quick detailer is great, but much better if you shake the shit out of it before use. It also is nice to carry in the car to use when you get huge nasty june bugs, or butterflys on the fron bumper, Oh and it works great for sap also.