Attn: okidedrak

RedZMonte

do you have more pics of your car or maybe a web site. Looks like you have about the same mods on your car as i do on my L67 Lumina Z34. Interested in a Cold Z (fenderwell) Intake? I made a 4" one for my car draws in its share of Cold Fresh air not to mention it projects the S/C Like no tomorrow! If you want pics i have pics.. i can make you one in 3.5" or 4". I also can make you a full 3" Downpipe/cat if your interested I have pics of that as well. let me know and i can send pics if you want. :)

BTW: Nice car!

RedZ

i'm extremely low on cash so unfortunately i cannot make you good bussiness...but plz do show me some pics of the fenderwall intake

As you probably have noticed i got a 7'' k&n which sucks in lotsa hot air since i got teh battery on the driver side. I recenly built a small box out of polycarb but i couldnt install it yet cause of the damn rad hose is in the way

I plan of isntalling it on a 45degrees angle down toward the front of the car as it comes out of the tb...should suck plenty of cold air from there especially since i'll wrap the headers and crossover pipe pretty soon

Exaust..umm i got a 2.5 custom exaust with the stock gtp cat i think that should do it for now..i'm only running 3.4 pulley

As about pics i put some pics at http://www.renoprestige.com/pics/

as you probably have noticed i dont wash my car every week and polish and gugu it..therefore i rarely take any ext pics..i got plenty of engine and int pics thou

i'll put some more on that page

aim is okidedrak

msg me when u feel like it

Say Red, my man :D

I was looking for a 2.5 inch downpipe for my CS (3.1). I was told that it would be optimal to have one with the exhaust setup that I want otherwise I will suffer negatively due to bad exhaust velocity?...or something like.

Anyways, what I want is 2.5 inch piping but I was told that since the stock downpipe is 2 1/4 inch, that the exhaust flow will slow down as it goes from the downpipe to the cat and it would kinda-sorta create a kind of backpressure due to the exhaust needing to fill the space.

So, I know of a place that'll put in a 2.5 inch in/out Catco cat, and 2.5 inch pipes with a "dual" exhaust setup (like stock "dual" exhaust) and some 2.5 in/out mufflers, but! I doubt I'll be able to find that 2.5 inch downpipe, so I was thinking maybe you can make one? :D :D :D

Can ya help a nug out?

-MaD-

here is pics of my intake, a monte carlo Z34 (3800) intake and my downpipe:

My 4" intake:

l67zengine2.JPG

3800 Monte Z34 intake:

Fender%20Well%20Intake.JPG

Underhood.JPG

My downpipe on my Lumina (3" through out):

l67zdp4.JPG

l67zdp1.JPG

RedZ

Say Red, my man :D

I was looking for a 2.5 inch downpipe for my CS (3.1). I was told that it would be optimal to have one with the exhaust setup that I want otherwise I will suffer negatively due to bad exhaust velocity?...or something like.

Anyways, what I want is 2.5 inch piping but I was told that since the stock downpipe is 2 1/4 inch, that the exhaust flow will slow down as it goes from the downpipe to the cat and it would kinda-sorta create a kind of backpressure due to the exhaust needing to fill the space.

So, I know of a place that'll put in a 2.5 inch in/out Catco cat, and 2.5 inch pipes with a "dual" exhaust setup (like stock "dual" exhaust) and some 2.5 in/out mufflers, but! I doubt I'll be able to find that 2.5 inch downpipe, so I was thinking maybe you can make one? :D :D :D

Can ya help a nug out?

-MaD-

What year cutlass? 3.1L MPFI or SFI? I might have access to both. I can make a downpipe with cat if you would like. I would HIGHLY recomend running a Carsound Cat, I have them in stock as well. they flow better then a Catco and they are about the same price. I personally would HIGHLY recomend 2.25" after the cat then into dual 2" offset/center mufflers. on a 3.1L MPFI or SFI you will lose SOOO Much backpressue it would not even be funny. you car would have problems gettting its own weight going. Here in the near future i am getting a custom 2.25" mandrel bent catback system made for a Lumina Z34 which should fit your car as well depending on the year. the exhaust kit i am making is just the midpipe so you can get your own mufflers and pres bent pipng after the Y. it will look like this except this is 2.5" and the DOHC and 3.1 Cars will be 2.25":

mccatback2.jpg

that's like the EXACT same pipe I got off a '92 Grand prix...stainless 2.25 from catalyst to the Y pipe, then 2" after the Y. I definetly think it's the best setup for it, I was surprised that I felt a serious gain at highway speeds vs having a 2" POS pipe from the cat back...