i'm doing my lower intake manifold gaskets

briandors

Great Job...but 10 hours? Didnt take me more than 6 hours my first time tearing down a corvette 350 TPI engine intake manifold and up runners,plenum,tb and etc....now doesnt take me more than 1.5 hours with a beer...but then again taking your time DOES prevent stupid mistakes.I just thought these engines would be far easier and I guess theyre not!

Truth is,if you do it all the time,it gets faster and easier,true for any car ya work on..but 10 hours? I dont have your patience!Id have the engine out before then!

:mrgreen:

Anyways one of the pics way back,the cam didnt look that great but then again it wasnt a pic targeted on there.Just looked like it had high and low shiny spots on my computer screen.Hope it was nothing and the car keeps running great.

I did notice coolant in your engine valley and hope you sucked it out with rags or shop vacuum and changed the oil asap.If you stated it,I missed it.

My 97 GP 3100 needs this done soon and Ill be in the same boat.Hope the engine insides will not be ate up by coolant corrosion!

:willynilly:

its not really the engine itself that was the problem, its the placement of accessories/igition system/coolant pipes...and I changed my oil pump drive seal and the heater hoses.