Lumina projector... SOME PICS-ONE DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-HIDS INSTALLED

dohc v6

I bought some projectors to put in my car about a year ago and have been trying to get them to fit and work. since all of the new cars have clear lenses its very easy for a projector to be fitted inside them. But ours is fluted. So I am going to have my low beam side of the headlight cover cut off with a laser and then cut a piece of clear plastic. I have a plastic bender and mold it to the same shape and I just bought a plastic welder and then I will have a clear low beam side. this way i can install my 90mm hellas. would anybody be interested if i get it to look good. it would be like 300$. you send me you headlights and i supply everything else including the projectors.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dohc v6

• slick

• z34_nut

• Dirty Rockstar

Jay(xtremelumina92) might be interested, except for the fact that I already got him 4 projectors and 4 ballasts(although he only needs 2 of each, I might take 2 back off of him for my own personal project). I think the only thing he may need is the lens cleared out, but then again, he may already have a contact up here on that.

I have my prototype headlamp for this swap built already.. Need the projectors though.. Chris? Help a brotha out? :wink:

I'll see what I can do for ya. Lemme find out what stuff they need me to "trash" at work.

Let me know here via PM or on AIM/MSN.. Thanks chris.. I am lookin for HID projos, not Halogen ones BTW..

Damn, making it even tougher for me! Right now I think we are only testing 2 different HID headlamps, but I can see what I can come up with.

If ya cant, thats fine.. I can get a set of TSX D2S orjos from ebay for just over 150.. But if you can do better :wink:

Like I had mentioned to you before, any of the stuff I would get you still isn't in production yet, so all I have is the name of the manufacturer that it is going to. But, we designed and built all of the projectors. The only 2 HID projector lamps we are working on right now are Toyota and Honda. I mean, it could even be Lexus or Acura for all I know, but on the paperwork it says Toyota and Honda.

Glass lenses are easier. Just take them to a glass shop and they should be able to cut down the flutes and polish it out crystal clear. getting my welder today will shoot some fast pics up. by they way what projectors you all using. I got 90mm hellas

I would really like some projectors too.

Would you add me to the list? :wink:

I don't really know what to do about the fluted lens. I thought about first trying a grinding bit on the end of a drill press. Then it should be possible by watching the position of the drill press to grind down to an exact amount across the inside of the lens. After that, just a ton of hand sanding and buffing.

It might be easier just to just heat up some plexi on top of the light so it conforms to the right shape, then cut the lens out of the light and glue the plexi in with some water-clear epoxy. It'd probably be easier for Cutlass lights because they're more cylindrically shaped.

I would really like some projectors too.

Would you add me to the list? :wink:

Yeah, no problem.

dohc v6, I don't know the brand of projectors we use here off hand, but I can look for you.

FWIW, I am looking at 2.5" Stanley/Kioto (sp?) Acura TSX lenses.

Koito is my company's parent company. In Asian companies, Koito is the largest supplier of headlamps and taillamps. In North America, the company I work for is one of the largest suppliers of headlamp and taillamps assemblies, and we do almost all of GM's fog lamps as well.

dohc v6, i finally got an answer on our projectors. If they are plastic projectors, we make them at one of ou plants(including the metalization process as well, which we do for all of the headlamps). If the projectors are metal, then we purchase them. I was not given a name as to who from we purchase them, but it's in mass quantities at a great price.

SLICK, The projectors I am using are hella. They are magnesium casing with a glass projector. can you make our headlight with just the low beam side clear. DO YOU HAVE A INJECTION MOLDER. lET ME KNOW. That would be awsome if we could do a one piece setup. We just need the outside lense.

Unfortunately, no, I cannot make anything here. I only work in the design and testing facility. The manufacturing facility is 3 states over. At our facility, we only have the means to test light output(in lumens on a goniometer), vibration resistance, heat resistance, moisture, etc... They also do a lot of new design work here as well.

Sorry :confused:

Thats cool the plastic welder i got works awsome. Just need to get some .15 polycarbonate plastic and cut it on my laser and i will have me some projectors

Thats cool the plastic welder i got works awsome. Just need to get some .15 polycarbonate plastic and cut it on my laser and i will have me some projectors

Gotta get some pics of that, what kind of plastic welder do you have?

just bought it. it cost 150 with everthing. 5500 ht.

Wow, thats not a bad price at all.

As for making a mold of the lens, you will first want to make a mold of the outside of the lens. Then, after that, you will then want to heat up the clear plastic and form that to the mold you made. This would probably give you closer results that just forming the plastic to the outside of your current headlamp.