• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dohc v6

• slick

• z34_nut

• Dirty Rockstar

well after all that work its a shame. I put everything back together and the projector is to big for the housing with the projector cover installed. So i have to buy a new set of headlights and re cut them and basicly start all over again. Oh well atleast i can make them perfect this time around. i will shoot some pics up but i am going to be taking them apart in the next day or so to remodify them. damn.

I always go by this: Measure twice, cut once.

Sucks, it really does, because I know how expensive those are. But..... Shoulda measured what space you were working with.

i know but you really can not measure until you mount. becuse the projector sits lower. oh well I am going to sinish these headlights i9f its the last thing i do.

FINALLY DONE WITH ONE. YEAH. TAKE A LOOK- I DID MAKE A SHROUD SO THERE IS NO MORE GLARE IN PIC 2

[attachment deleted by admin] Removed to free up storage space.

the black is paint heat paint and its purpose is for looks only. I am going to night shade the corner markers but with the glue on the front lense it would have looked like garbage. so i painted it and it looks ok if you ask me. but that is one now i have a hole nother one to do sorry for the bad grammer. writting fast gotta head to tallahassee

the black is paint heat paint and its purpose is for looks only. I am going to night shade the corner markers but with the glue on the front lense it would have looked like garbage. so i painted it and it looks ok if you ask me. but that is one now i have a hole nother one to do sorry for the bad grammer. writting fast gotta head to tallahassee

Good luck. Sometime when you have them both done, try to get some night pictures, I'm really interested in the beam pattern.

I will take some tonight but it is perfectly flat and then it goes up and across. but I can tell you this i might take the driver side out for the trip becuase of the intake right there and because the projector is so bright. it spreads all the way across and talk about lighting up the road signs on the hightwya

Well I am just about finished with both of them and it works great but not as clean as I hoped for. i was hoping that I could make it look perfect. So I am selling them. everything you need to put them in you lumina. bolt in. I am going to have my stock lense either cleared or something. let me know if anybody is interested. Unfortunatly the price is going to be around 300 bucks just because of how much work I put into them

No it is not a hack job they look awsome as you see in the pic. its just That I think I found a different method. not to be an ass but I would like to see you try and tell me when your done.

Looks great! I love it! To bad we cant do anything with mini-quads :lol:

You could. They do make projectors that are small enough to fit into a mini-quad lamp(gutted obviously, and you would have to make a custom acrylic lens for the front).

Yup, I read somewhere that if you want a proper beam pattern with HID's, the Audi A2 projectors will fit. Awhile back I saw a Camaro w/miniquads where the guy retro'd A2 projectors into it. He claimed he did a lot of research and they were the only true HID projectors that would fit. If you don't mind using halogen projectors, you have more options.

Yup, I read somewhere that if you want a proper beam pattern with HID's, the Audi A2 projectors will fit. Awhile back I saw a Camaro w/miniquads where the guy retro'd A2 projectors into it. He claimed he did a lot of research and they were the only true HID projectors that would fit. If you don't mind using halogen projectors, you have more options.

Do you have anymore info on this?

Nah, I read it on hidforum.com before they switched to the new setup. I don't know if their new forum has the same info or not, but I remember trying to search and not finding the same posts from the old forum.