• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dohc v6

• slick

• z34_nut

• Dirty Rockstar

GOOD QUESTION- Well the stock high beam lense is not really much if you look at it compared to the low beam. because the high beams are ment for extreme light just putting the bulb back in the headlight will give me ample light. But so much that i could never use them on the road with some one infront of me. They will still have direction. Or I could mount the high beam of the same model hella but the mount for the height adjustment is in the way.

GOOD QUESTION- Well the stock high beam lense is not really much if you look at it compared to the low beam. because the high beams are ment for extreme light just putting the bulb back in the headlight will give me ample light. But so much that i could never use them on the road with some one infront of me. They will still have direction. Or I could mount the high beam of the same model hella but the mount for the height adjustment is in the way.

The only problem I see with that is that the lens does provide some pattern of the bulb. Without it, you will have a lot of light scattering, and possible glare issues. You could cut your original lens and put it right behind your new clear lens, but if you don't mount it right, it may look wierd in there.

But, if you are interested, I may have some extra projectors laying around. http://www.w-body.com/forum/index.php/topic,47827.msg568661.html#new I have a few extra headlamps from new cars that came with projectors I could take apart for some beauty rings if your interested as well. But, it wouldn't be until this weekend that I could look at everything that I have.

well see tonight what it looks like if its real bad I will retrofit the h9 hella highs

Not a bad idea. Definately figure out what you need, if you need anything, before you spend that kind of money.

Do you have the projectors in and mounted, or still waiting on a few things? If so, how is the light output compared to the stock? Do you really think you will need your high beam's with the HID's, or is there still a bit of difference?[br]Posted on: July 27, 2006, 03:15:26 PM_________________________________________________I had another thought for you, a cool little mod. I found a write-up on it as well!http://www.geocities.com/jvxdriver/eagle_eyes.htm

let me just put it to you this way I disconnecte my drivers side light because it was bright enough. yeah I have to paint the inside of the light and glue the housing together and the pass side will be done. as far as the highs. Probably not the lows are bright enough but you never know and I like to try to keep it stock as possible

let me just put it to you this way I disconnecte my drivers side light because it was bright enough. yeah I have to paint the inside of the light and glue the housing together and the pass side will be done. as far as the highs. Probably not the lows are bright enough but you never know and I like to try to keep it stock as possible

Paint, going black on the low-beam side? If so, good idea!

My hole goal was to make it look like the car came with the projectors from factory. Angle eyes would not look good IMO. But as far as I have got it putting both projectors in and aiming them. very hard. but I noticed that the driver side is longer than the pass side. So I have to go back tonight and equal them out. It sticks out way to much in the back. But they are bright and awsome. Next I have to paint the inside again and finish the cover or the lense and then I am done. I thik the 300 would be a fair price for these with the projectors. By the way the highs are like spot lights once i get them aimed right it will be brighter than stock. ha never thunk it. well more pics on the way.

Yep, I'm interested in more pictures.

I think halo's would look cool. Once you get some pictures posted, be sure to take pictures of the front of your car with the projectors off, so we can see what the look like sitting in your headlamps. I might do a photoshop just to see them in there.

BTW, this is a photoshop on an Acura Legend(see my sig) of what they would look like in my car: http://www.directimagehost.com/is.php?i=18629&img=bmw-lights.jpg

I'm sure the Lumina's any most any other W's would look equally as mean.

I am going to cut perfect circles with my laser. and make the hole as well for the led.

What are you going to cut? Tubular plastic?

If you get the curtain wands, they have a hole all the way through them, so you only have to heat them up and bend them to the desired circular shape.

No I am going to cut 3/4 in acrylic plastic. Because The curtin rods are hexagonal and have to be put on a certain way or they dont work. So i am going to cut a circle and then flip it over and laser a hole half way throught. Actual i am not doing this project. If Some body wants me to build them I will but I am not going to becyse you have to run it in a switch and I dont feel like doing that. But if some body wants to pay me I will make them perfect hints the laser part.

No I am going to cut 3/4 in acrylic plastic. Because The curtin rods are hexagonal and have to be put on a certain way or they dont work. So i am going to cut a circle and then flip it over and laser a hole half way throught. Actual i am not doing this project. If Some body wants me to build them I will but I am not going to becyse you have to run it in a switch and I dont feel like doing that. But if some body wants to pay me I will make them perfect hints the laser part.

I was just going to wire mine into my parking lights. The LED's are cheap enough and last a long enough time that having them turn on with your parking lights should be no issue.

never mind that last post. The thing is the stock headlight housings are made out of some type of fiberglass or something and when they get old they tend to crack. so make sure if your going to use the stock headlamps that non of the screw holes are cracked and epoxy they just to add a little protection.