Installing 7" LCD screen (need help)

bve32k

I haven't started on it yet. I just pulled everything out of the box and was reading over the directions on how to install it. I looked at the wires and eliminated the wires that I didn't know what were for and the ones that I know I didn't need for sure.

There are two or three wires that i'm not to sure where they would go or plug into or if I don't need them at all.

- Parking Switch

- Reverse +

- Mute -

I don't think I need the Mute - because I don't have a phone installed in the car and I am not to sure about the other 2 wires.

Also one other thing. There is only one RCA wire coming from the radio and it says Subwoofer. Shouldn't there be a left and right side for the subwoofer RCA.

Thanks, Ken

Reverse + goes to your reverse switch to swithch wo a reverse cam if you have one hooked up, Parking switch goes to the switch on your car that tells it when the car is in park. I am new to W-bodys so I cant tell you exactly where that is. What the parking switch is for is so that the HU complies with US law that says something like the screen cant be on in front of the driver when the car is moving. Most people just ground it out so that it defeats that feature

Alright..I figured it was something like that. I didn't want to have the screen not play stuff when I am driving. What if the passanger wants to watch then. Kind of stupid. But I will just ground it off then. Do I need the reverse wire then? Or should I just ground that one off too?

Alright..I figured it was something like that. I didn't want to have the screen not play stuff when I am driving. What if the passanger wants to watch then. Kind of stupid. But I will just ground it off then. Do I need the reverse wire then? Or should I just ground that one off too?

If you dont have a reverse cam then dont hook it up to anything

Alright, thanks guys!

I have a 95 GP and was thinking about making the ash tray a iPod docking station so when the iPod is undocked it will be invisible and look stock until you lift up the cover. I asked someone if they could try it out with theres because I cannot do interior work at all!

Alright, thanks guys!

I have a 95 GP and was thinking about making the ash tray a iPod docking station so when the iPod is undocked it will be invisible and look stock until you lift up the cover. I asked someone if they could try it out with theres because I cannot do interior work at all!

I would try that, but then I would have no change holder. :lol: Besides, I don't have any way to control it if it's in my ashtray.

I'm already making a docking port for the iPod.. I have the wiring, just need a small soldering iron.. Then my iPod will be able to charge while it is piped into my Pioneer via the PI bus..

I have control of it on my 7" LCD..And it isn't hidden anyways..My change holder is my cup holders..:)

IIRC: my cutty had a change holder built into the inside of the armrest :dunno:

I have control of it on my 7" LCD..And it isn't hidden anyways..My change holder is my cup holders..:)

IIRC: my cutty had a change holder built into the inside of the armrest :dunno:

True..but I took it out because my bass booster fits perfect in it. It was the same size of the change holder.

Would anybody happen to know what each wire on the stock harness does and which ones I need? Or maybe a wiring diagram?

Edit: The people who made a docking station for there iPod in their car..do you think you can post pics? :surprised:

In my truck, I put my iPod in the glovebox. My JVC HU controls it very well, and pretty fast too.

Get the right HU and you won't need the iPod to be accessible when driving.

In my truck, I put my iPod in the glovebox. My JVC HU controls it very well, and pretty fast too.

Get the right HU and you won't need the iPod to be accessible when driving.

I could just put it some where it is out of reach, but then everytime I want to plug it in I have to open up the glove box and plug it in or something. I won't need to use the iPod for next song anyways because what is on the iPod shows up on the 7" LCD screen in my car and I can control the next song and what not from the 7" LCD screen using the jLink adapter.

Good point! I leave my iPod in the car pretty much all the time so I didn't think about having to remove it regularly.

What kind of LCD is this that can display iPod info?

When i get home I would have to look at the version. But it is a Jensen..It is the 2006 version of it. I can actually change the songs from the 7" LCD screen without even touching the iPod.

I grounded my Parking Switch wire out and I put a DVD in it and it doesn't work. It still wants the emergency brake on, but I don't have it hooked up. I connected it to one of the screws inside the dash. Don't know if that is enough ground though.

When i get home I would have to look at the version. But it is a Jensen..It is the 2006 version of it. I can actually change the songs from the 7" LCD screen without even touching the iPod.

I grounded my Parking Switch wire out and I put a DVD in it and it doesn't work. It still wants the emergency brake on, but I don't have it hooked up. I connected it to one of the screws inside the dash. Don't know if that is enough ground though.

It will work if you ground it. I installed my Kenwood in-dash tv/dvd player in my Malibu when I had it and I grounded the Parking brake wire and it worked fine. What I did to ground it was I just took the ground wire from the Cigarette lighter...it worked perfect. I recommend doing that. Let me know if you need anything else...I've installed MANY in-dash tv's/dvd players!!

Not all of them can be disabled by grounding the park brake wire. Some of them actually have motion sensors.

Uh oh....nevermind then. I've actually never dealt with Jensens...only Kenwood, Pioneer, Alpine and Sonys

I will try and try to get the DVD to play today. When I first tested it and it was grounded, it said it couldn't play it. I didn't even have the car running. Just the key turned back.[br]Posted on: May 05, 2006, 07:19:24 AM_________________________________________________I cut out my light for the ash tray because I don't use it and used the ground on that to ground out the parking switch. Well...it still doesn't show the video. It plays the sound of the DVD but there is a blue screen over the video. So I dunno what to do now. any ideas?

Ok, I am back with a solution. I couldn’t figure it out and I was about to take it to the place that installed my alarm and have them just take a quick look at it and maybe they could have figured it out. But my buddy stopped by and took a look at it. He played around with it for about 30 minutes and it still wasn’t working. He was about to give up and then it started working. There is some kind of security code with the parking switch wire. It cannot be grounded off when the DVD starts. When the DVD is on you have to hold the wires together for about 5 seconds, let them go touch it again for another 5 seconds and then let go for about 2 seconds and then hold the wires together. Then the video plays. So it looks like I have to hook this up to a switch and when I want a DVD to play you have to use the switch to break the code and then it works. Then the memory forgets the code once the radio is shut off.