a pillar gauge pod

garyk1970

got boost and air/fuel gages in with pod today.going to form(fiberglass,body filler) pod to A pillar and dye brown to look factory.will post pics and how to get factory "grain"back on before dying pillar if anyone is interseted.just looking for brown dye!!!!!

well im interested in showing you guys step by step how to .when done it will look factory,you wont see the seems,etc.its not hard,but it is time consuming.take about 3 hrs work time,8-10 hrs dry time.thats $90 plus parts.

dual gauge pod at advance auto parts $29.00

quart of fiberglass body filler $12.00

one can of duplicolor spray on bedliner $8.00

rivets and gun or supper glue and activator

sandpaper

alot of patience...

im more interested in showing you guys how to,im not looking to make a buck...

well im interested in showing you guys step by step how to .when done it will look factory,you wont see the seems,etc.its not hard,but it is time consuming.take about 3 hrs work time,8-10 hrs dry time.thats $90 plus parts.

dual gauge pod at advance auto parts $29.00

quart of fiberglass body filler $12.00

one can of duplicolor spray on bedliner $8.00

rivets and gun or supper glue and activator

sandpaper

alot of patience...

im more interested in showing you guys how to,im not looking to make a buck...

By all means man...a write-up with pictures would be much appreciated! :cool:

a full write up w/pics by sat. night!!!ive been fiberglassin and molding for over ten years,so its safe to say i know how to show you guys the right way and also some tricks to make easier and appear factory.stay tuned

a full write up w/pics by sat. night!!!ive been fiberglassin and molding for over ten years,so its safe to say i know how to show you guys the right way and also some tricks to make easier and appear factory.stay tuned

Hopefully its good enough for us that have never done fiberglassing before can have an idea :willynilly:

Oh and I really like Jim's idea :), 3 gauge pod would be killer. I may just have to go down to the JY and get me a GP A-Pillar moulding so I can try this :eek:

Guest TurboSedan

cool :) i was using a $25 Dodge Daytona pillar pod in my Cutlass which actually fit the A-pillar really well. i'm going to buy another one for my TSTE and probably try to fiberglass it so it looks nicer.

got started today....taking pics for saturdays how to....3 pod WILL FIT!im going with two.also found brown dye for the tgp owners out there...will have part #s too.

got started today....taking pics for saturdays how to....3 pod WILL FIT!im going with two.also found brown dye for the tgp owners out there...will have part #s too.

:eek: :drool: *waiting for pictures and write up* :gr_grin: :Yikes_anim: