Noob question about my sub

IO_303

So I got my free walmart amp and my poewr bass 10" installed just fine, It hit ok for a 10 in a buick on a walmart amp. Then my headunit broke(the clip that holds the face plate on broke off), so I got a Pioneer headunit with a nice generic preout, well I get it all hooked up and the sub dos not hit as hard anymore. Its more blurred, I checked the specs on my old headunit and the preouts were both plain preouts and not sub preouts. I have also gone through all my settings in my new headunit and it still just does not sound the same. What is going on here???

there is like 30 diffrent ways to change the sound of your subwoofer through your headunit.

check if the sub is on reverse. make sure the sub is turned up (its like 125 hz.) or something.

just check cuz now you got a better headunit and you got the ability to modify your sound

there is like 30 diffrent ways to change the sound of your subwoofer through your headunit.

check if the sub is on reverse. make sure the sub is turned up (its like 125 hz.) or something.

just check cuz now you got a better headunit and you got the ability to modify your sound

there are no sub woofer settings on the head unit....I am thinking about just getting an active crossover and calling it a day

And be sure you are not altering the fade or balance of the speakers inside the deck. If you fade the speakers......you also fade the preouts. Thats why sub preouts are called No Fade pre outs. They are unafected by these settings.

It coupld also be due to a decrease in output voltage. There are any number of things that COULD be wrong.

make sure x-over on amp is set about 90hz.also try unhooking one rca at the radio,i have seen rca outputs out of phase before(though rare)if its louder w/one rca hooked up than two,your radio is defective..

I know Pioneers are always low for preout voltage, around 2.2volts. What Pioneer HU did you get? That would help out greatly.

DEH-27MP

Did you check the bass/treble? I know the Loudness feature, when its off, everything is very quiet. This unit should have 3 to chose from, low mid high. I run mine on mid.

I would check those two. Im willing to bet you have the loud off thats why it doesn hit hard and Im willing to bet is kinda quiet as well.

Did you check the bass/treble? I know the Loudness feature, when its off, everything is very quiet. This unit should have 3 to chose from, low mid high. I run mine on mid.

I would check those two. Im willing to bet you have the loud off thats why it doesn hit hard and Im willing to bet is kinda quiet as well.

I did mess with the bass/trebel, but I will try the loud setting.....I have also found out that Pioneer preouts tend to run at 2.2V and that might be the problem