89 cutty, needs calipers in front

zoideraserb

well i can get me another cutty for about 500 but it needs front brakes, he said its just calipers and i'm guessing pads but idk. Is anything else prone to goin out in em? its been a while since i even havd a tire off of a w-body lol. I'm guessing that its just a regular "bolt the line on, blead and bolt em on and go" kinda thing? lol Its painted black.. but it was done with a ratle can so i'll prolly have to have it painted in a few months... even though it held up to the snow of this last winter supprisingly :eek:. HOw bad are doin the fronts and possibly the rears on em?

Thanx

'Brandon

well i went to look at it today and it needs calipers, rotors and pads all the way around and possibly a line in the front, but just the end prolly I'm thinking that i'll goto the major junkers here and get the calipers, and rotors since i can actually see the car in a whole and see if they are good before i pay anything. The pads i'd buy new ofcoarse lol. But i'm wondering if it'd be worth all the trouble of doing it, it'd really suck to find out that when i get all this the master cylinder is bad or sumthin.. and with my temper i'd break all the windows and it'd become the second cutty to goto the junk because of me (first one had a bad engine, i miss her :( )

Whats wrong with the calipers? If they are seized you *may* be able to break them lose and grease the sliders (my back breaks were fucked but my mechanic fixed them... 2 years ago :thumb:)

i don't exactly know... the kid is 15 and quite frankly a dumbass, i didn't look at the calipers and i couldn't check them because he already took them off and it was dark when i went to look at it (i had a 1 mil candle power lamp to light up all the probs though lol). He said his sister was drivin it and the rigth front locked up and caught on fire (no damage done to the car) and the others were just bad when they had it checked out. I'm thinkin that i buy it and piss him off gettin the parts dirt cheap from the junkers... then drive up to his house in a few days lmao.. but then again, i could get it for about 400 prolly, well another friend of mine has a 89 or 90 (can't remember) International, all leather in 8.5 out of 10 shape, buckets and console in the back.. and its a 3.1 versus the 2.8 in the other one. and he only wants 600 if i can get it and he stil has it i'll get that.. i'd rather have an int. anyway lol, i think it has the auto temp controls and driver info center too. the only thing i don't like about int.s are the wheels.. i don't like the pie slice wheels lol.[br]Posted on: April 21, 2006, 10:12:23 AM_________________________________________________well the int. fell throught.. it needs SOMETHING in the exuast.. he had me drill holes in the cat just to let some of the back pressure escape, it must be clogged because it not gettin hardly any pressure to the back and, well quite frankly it ran better when i drilled the holes.. it would fall on its ass and die before that unless you gave it some gas... sad to see a nice car like that lol.

But, i tried to get the '89 for 350 and he said no so i'm gonna try to sell my 80 C10 for 400 and offer him that.. i wanted to keep the truck but oh well.. i'd rather have another cutty :mrgreen:

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a 1979 Malibu from a 16 year old. :sad:

I think I'll just buy from elderly people from now on. Just to church and back.

Good luck with your brakes. It's not a hard job, just annoying. :rolleyes: