gast struts

red93z34

If im correct a 93 Lumina Z34 has gas struts in the rear right? If I were to get those replaced would I have to have a rear end alignment done also? I need to get them replaced the rear end of my car is starting to sag a little.

Would those be difficult to replace and would I still need a rear end alignment after replacing those. I can't afford the ones from fastforward, i just want to get the sagging gone.

Would those be difficult to replace and would I still need a rear end alignment after replacing those. I can't afford the ones from fastforward, i just want to get the sagging gone.

It's minorly intesive since the entire rear suspension needs to be loosen or removed. Maybe your better alternative is to get some Moog Leaf Spring helpers... they're rubber inserts that help the car from not 'sagging'. How low is it? Are you bottoming out? Don't want the car 'factory lowered' after 10 years? :lol:

- RedFox340

what do spring helpers do and do they cost alot? I dont know alot about this stuff.

Read these, this should give you basic information on what you need to do and where to grab them... hope this helps out!

http://www.w-body.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3433&highlight=

http://www.w-body.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3356&highlight=

- RedFox340

I had mine replace last year by farm & fleet. (like a k-mart auto sevice center). They said alignment wasn't necessary on our cars but recomended anyway. Don't let them give you Gabrial!

if your lumina has struts on the back like my olds does then it will prob raise it....mine was sitting alomst on my wheels before I did mine. when I first had them installed it was riding high like a 4X4..then I got a 4 wheel alienment done at firestone and it came down about 3/4 inch I think...looks alot better

and for all of you out there the difference between a shock and a strut is that a shock only dampens where as a strut has a load carring capasity as well....usually around 70+ lbs per side....the kyb gr2s I am running are around 140+ each....(this is on the back....I couldn't even compress the fronts to get a reading) these # may sound low but realize that the spring on the back of the car is rated 130-180 lbs each and you will understand that the exta 140lbs support(this is both springs combined) that the stock struts give is quite a bit...