Wow best wax evar! ! ! ! !

97loudcut

So I finally got around what I have been dreading to do all spring. Today was cloudy and 65 and I skipped school so I figured there was no time like the present.

I have been wanting to do a 3 step wax ever since I got the car. I long debated over many products and finally settled on Mothers 3 step process.

The 1st step was a wax cleaner and got all the old wax off. I was a bit scared at first cuz it left my car looking pretty dull. But I continued on. The 2nd step was a sealer and a glaze and wow was I impressed immediatly. I did half my hood and it was like looking at a brand new black car vs. a primered black car. The black paint looked like I had about 20 coats of it on. The last step was the pure carnuba wax and this was just the icing on the cake. My car has never looked so good with no swirl marks, no minor scratches, and a deep wet looking black paint. I WOULD DEF. RECCOMEND THESE PRODUCTS.

On a side note I would also like to add the AmorAlls new tire gel (comes in a orangle bottle with a tire shine applicator) is the best tire shine. I literally can dirve to work down Hall rd. doing a constant 55 for 2 days straght and then wash my car and its tires and the tires are still shiney. Plus there is no spray off. Great product.

I wish I could post pics but no digi camera.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Euro

• THe_DeTAiL3R

• 1990lumina

• 19Cutlass94

mothers makes a great retail product... carbrite is the tops IMO for professional grade polishes

:werd:

3M compounds + Carbrite ;) and a 10amp polisher... can't beat that. It's funny how retail products have all these fancy names like "wax cleaner" and stuff. The pro's don't use little red bottles. I did the bumper and spoiler on a black 2002 Alero today (I never have time to do entire cars anymore) first I used 3M "Extra cut" compound with a wool pad, then 3M swirl mark remover on a foam pad, then I threw on some Carbrite glaze on the areas I polished just to protect it.

Well hey Chip Foose uses Mothers. ( if that sways your mind :lol: )

Sure he does... :rolleyes:

Do you really think he uses that crappy foam ball on his rims?? LMAO

Also what pisses me off is the price of claybar at the store. I paid like $24 last year for the stupid kit, when I got like 2 jars of claybars at work..

Mothers is expensive stuff. But CBAD, he does use Mothers in the commericals! :lol:

But if you know what your doing, theres better combos to use.

My dad met Chip Foose in Las Vegas this past week...he was eatting supper to tables across from my dad, and mydad went over a talked to him for a bit...guess it was a cool experience. If you're wondering why Foose was in Las Vegas...he sponsed a car in the NHRA races on the weekend (of which my dad also attended, and I'll post pics of later once I resize all of them)

Glad it worked out like you planned. :thumb: I claybared and waxed my regal just this past weekend. It turned out pretty good, but i cant wait until i buy a buffer, and some different pads. Than all of my vehicles will look absolutly amazing :cool:

Pics of Foose or the races?? LOL

Tonight....my parents didn't bring the camera with them to dinner so not Foose pics up close, but he might appear in a couple from the races....uploading them tonight

We use Carbrite products at work and they are great (as said above). At home, I typically use the Meguiars stage set of wax. Off the top of my head I don't remember what I use, except for finishing off with Meguiars Gold Class.

I've used Mothers before, it is pretty good as well... but I had Meguiars at home for free!

Mothers FTW

ive used meguiars and mothers, mothers is the best IMO...comes off the easiest, protects the best, and shines the best

hey does anyone use turtle wax anymore? :lol:

I remember when that stuff was everywhere and everyone was using it

LIke on there CAMAROs and pickyup trucks?? LOLOL

I used Turtle Wax up until 3 years ago.....the stuff worked good in that it lasted forever, however it really didn't shine the paint all that much, just put a protective coating on top.....

i've heard ppl like Zymol...isn't Zymol that blue stuff?? My dad always told me that stuff was shit because it was a bitch to remove..however this was years ago as well...

yeah ive heard really good things about zymol...i just dont feel like paying $17 for a bottle of it. Plus i can only find the cleaner wax and detailer around here

it did a good job on my buddies Colorado(although i still dont see why he used the CLEANER wax on brand new paint :lol: )

how much does the mothers 3 go for..and a side note..that armor all tire gel does work the best..it is what i currently have on there now

anything armor all is great if you want crap on your tires that is petrolium based garbage... the stuff i use on my tires is effectively known as grape juice i am sure it has a name but i call it that becasue it smells like grape juice, put it on once a month and my tires are unbelievable for that month usually will last about 3-4 carwashes before it starts to fade, it is funny watching the water sheet off the tires in the carwash

thats stuff cameron would the Meguiars tire gel

and i agree that stuff is the roxors!!!!!

and yeah 17 bucks for a 8 oz bottle of zymol...haha yeah f*ck that.

I ended up getting a bottle of Zymbol today. I like it but it isn't some miracle wax. It does about the same jod as any other wax i have used. Maybe it's because my paint is going to shit, I don't know. But it does rank one of the best on my list of waxes/polishes

My dad always told me that stuff was shit because it was a bitch to remove.

I found it to be extremely easy to remove. Easier than Meguires for that matter.