Has this ever happened to anybody?

jimbud22

I was doing some running a round the other night in my 95 Monte carlo, 3.4 DOHC. I stopped to wash the car and after leaving the carwash I noticed that the trany would shift 1st to 2nd and the 2nd to 3rd way to early in the RPM range. (Barely through the intersection) It ran normally at highway speed. It did it twice on the way home and has not done it since. Now I know that the ECM controls shift points I just can't figure out why it did that. I'm guessing it had something to do with the carwash. thanks in advance.

Maybe it's just some of the electrics getting a little moist, then drying out. I was doing a radiator flush and fill one time, got a little crazy with the hose, and got my coil packs wet. Car ran like crap till the water went away, then returned to normal. Did you use one of those high pressure car washes? If so, try washing at home next time if possible. If it does the same thing, start checking your basic seals..