Trunk debadged itself....

1990lumina

The night my alternator took a shit was really cold...and when we were trying to push my pos car down the street out of an intersection, one of my friend's musta cracked my "LUMINA" emblem.....I really could give a shit....the thing was cracked between the "A" and the rest of the emblem. After school today I noticed a black outline of the "A" and the rest of "LUMIN" so I decided to just take the stupid thing off since I don't know where the "A" fell off :rolleyes:

Since it is below freezing here it took a bit of hair dryering to get the tape to heat up. I used some John Deere degreaser to remove the rest of the black rotting tape from the trunk lid. Result is this yellowed shit caked onto the paint:

width=640 height=480http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/1990lumina/debadge/DSCN1258.jpg[/img]

After some buffing using Meg's step one compund the yellow was gone....and here is the end result:

width=640 height=480http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/1990lumina/debadge/DSCN1259.jpg[/img]

width=640 height=480http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/1990lumina/debadge/DSCN1262.jpg[/img]

width=640 height=480http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/1990lumina/debadge/DSCN1263.jpg[/img]

The car is dirty as hell in the pics, but w/e....no point in washing since everything is melting here

You really don't like your car do you?

Once again another reason I don't want to live in Canada.

No I hate it and will get rid of it or keep it as a winter car as soon as I can afford to. But by the way things seem to be going, something will probably blow up before I'm able to do anything to it.

I love living in Canada lol....I dunno, just last part of March/early April there's no point in trying to clean a car since it'll gert dirty before you leave the car wash parking lot.

nice!!! i too debadged my trunklid of the dealer sticker, ABS badge, and Lumina badge. now the paint that was underneath the LUMINA badge is darker than the rest of the trunk lid...lol so i have to do something about that when it gets nicer out

but nice one jeff!!!

and WTF logikfive...did you get ANOTHER wbody???

and WTF logikfive...did you get ANOTHER wbody???

Not to derail the thread but uh.... :nana: :willy_nilly:

I haven't picked it up yet, I will be as soon as my RamCharger sells. The picture in my signature is the actual car though. When I get the '95 Grand Prix SE I will be ditching my '97 Lumina LTZ.... Well, maybe... :lol:

I saw the GPSE and I had to have it. My favorite W-bodies are the 94-96 GP's with the B4U... They look sexy as hell IMO.

Damn dude I'd love to get my hands on your Euro. I love the car...well the gray tail lights are ehh but that's just IMO ( I know that's standard equipment)..

I like it with no badge, I almost wonder if I should put mine back on... kind of the same story mine fell off when I hit it with the sponge when I was washing it.. oops

Damn dude I'd love to get my hands on your Euro. I love the car...well the gray tail lights are ehh but that's just IMO ( I know that's standard equipment)..

I like it with no badge, I almost wonder if I should put mine back on... kind of the same story mine fell off when I hit it with the sponge when I was washing it.. oops

I looked around everywhere for some white euro 3.4 tail last year to avail....i might buy a set of cheap junk yard lens and try my hand at painting the frames, but I think it will just eventually flake off...