Will this tranny work with my 1990 Regal

Big Blue

Well i haven't been on here for a long long time because the Regal died and i went with a differen't body altogether a J-Body :D .

Anyways i put her away and really want to restore her now

Im getting a rebuild 3.1 and well now its the tranny issue

I no someone that has either a 1988-92 century with a T123(i think) with a 3 speed with over-drive.

I don't have the vin,but want to know will this tranny work with my regal are do i need like a T120 for my car.

Any help on this please :D

GM's 3-speed auto transaxle that's been around since 1980 is called the THM 125-C (or "3T40" in GM's new nomenclature.) That tranny did sit behind both the 2.5 and 3.3 in the Centuries from 88-92, but unfortunately for you the only W-Body that had the 3T40 was the Lumina powered by the mighty 2.5 Iron Duke.

If the tranny is a 4-speed auto, then it would be the THM 440-T4 (later renamed "4T60") and it would bolt right up to your Regal's 3.1.

You can click the links below to verify my info:

Regal Transmissions

Century Transmissions

...but unfortunately for you the only W-Body that had the 3T40 was the Lumina powered by the mighty 2.5 Iron Duke...

3.1's had the 3-speed too. Unless they were called 125C's with the 3.1 or something.

...but unfortunately for you the only W-Body that had the 3T40 was the Lumina powered by the mighty 2.5 Iron Duke...

3.1's had the 3-speed too. Unless they were called 125C's with the 3.1 or something.

correct, I've seen 3 speeds in luminas and GPs, IIRC.

I do not think the buick had the same tranny. you need to crawl beneath both cars and read the tranny pans...

My 90' Lumina has a one.