New forum screenshots

LukeZ34

Guest Anonymous
I've got a suggestion. I know the mods probably won't go for this, but....I'd make it mandatory to at LEAST donate a buck or two just to be able to post, period. And then maybe a different set amount to be able to obtain other features. I don't think it's fair/cool that Shawn has had to flip the bill all these years, with nothing but complaints to show for it.

It was his decission (sp?) to create this site, he shouldn't expect everyone else to pay for it. If he wants people to make donations (kinda tacky) thats fine, but putting this forum out for years and then saying now you have to pay to use it, and pay to gain feauters, is wrong.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LukeZ34

• 92LuminaRS

• jeremy

• Cam'ron

It was his decission (sp?) to create this site, he shouldn't expect everyone else to pay for it. If he wants people to make donations (kinda tacky) thats fine, but putting this forum out for years and then saying now you have to pay to use it, and pay to gain feauters, is wrong.

I agree. It's nice to have people donate, but for it to be mandatory is kinda cocky. I myself would donate, but if it was mandatory donating is something that I reall wouldn't do.

And FWIW donating is giving away something w/o any personal gains :wink:

And FWIW donating is giving away something w/o any personal gains :wink:

This is what I see a donation as too.

No, they will NOT be mandatory, and a donating members will be recgonized as such with "Donating Member" rank images.

I also just incorporated a java chat feature in to the new forum which connects to John's IRC Server.

Ummm....I don't think it would be tacky at all. The forum might have been out there for years, but it's increased steadily in bandwidth usage during that time, I'm sure. Why should he keep paying the entire cost, while one idiot after another joins to ask the same questions over and over agian (even with a FAQ section already present), or people steadfastly complain about how things are being run here? Besides....dude....we're talking about a freaking dollar or two. How exactly is it cocky to ask people to chip in a buck?

And I didn't say he should expect people to pay. That's something I threw out there. I would hope most people would want to donate regardless out of sheer will for the wealth of info this forum has provided for them. I'm doing it either way.

wow...first time i actually checked this thread out...i kinda like the new look!...can't wait for it to be implimented...i just hope it goes smooth so the site isnt down very long...

I also just incorporated a java chat feature in to the new forum which connects to John's IRC Server.

:willynilly: oh noes

oh wait, more people to irc

yessssssss

and that software looks pretty nice. cant wait