New forum screenshots

LukeZ34

Just giving everyone a sneak peek of the new forum software were moving to in middle March. What you see in the pictures below is the default forum theme, but I plan on allowing 4 other theme options for you guys to pick from.

New Features will include:

Calendar
    "Ignore User" function
    "Report thread to Moderator" function
    Donation capabilities
    + some more that I can't think of right now.

Anyway, pictured below are views of the full forum, calendar, and thread views so enjoy them!

newforum1.JPG

newforum2.JPG

newforum3.JPG

newforum4.JPG

newforum5.JPG

newforum6.JPG

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LukeZ34

• 92LuminaRS

• jeremy

• Cam'ron

nice, looks new. what would be really cool is if there was a way to make like a w-body radio station on there. not sure what it would take or if we have the resources but i think it would be nice. cant wait till its up and running.

So, the donating members. You only have access to these features if you donate every year, or if you donate once?

Also, the amount you donate, does that determine how many of these "special" features you get?

"Ignore User" function

That would have been nice a few times :roll:

:lol:

So how does that work? You just don't see their posts? Would make for a confusing sort of situation if that person was pivitol to the thread, I would think.

So, the donating members. You only have access to these features if you donate every year, or if you donate once?

Also, the amount you donate, does that determine how many of these "special" features you get?

This is what were still deciding on. Custom titles will probably be permitted after a donation is made.. at least that's what were leaning towards right now.

"Ignore User" function

That would have been nice a few times :roll:

:lol:

So how does that work? You just don't see their posts? Would make for a confusing sort of situation if that person was pivitol to the thread, I would think.

Ignore user function replaces the content of the users post with 'THIS USER HAS BEEN IGNORED'.

You can add and remove users from your ignore list at any time.

Custom titles are still being decided upon. That will be revealed after the upgrade. :)

I actually much prefer standardized titles. What's the point of a post-based title system if everyone can customize their own?

I really like the new look of the forum though! Looks sweet! How soon will it be implemented?

Just giving everyone a sneak peek of the new forum software were moving to in middle March.

More specifically starting on the 20th of March.

If things go well the forum will be down only for a day. 8)

Is that YaBB?

The donations thing, are you talking about like over at AR where you earn $ for each post and can use it for getting things on the forum?

I think it looks pretty sick! :D

I'll admit I like it :D....and I like the donation feature...I've always wanted to give Shawn, or whoever ispaying the bills something for providing me with such a cool forum...out of all the other ones I frequent this ine is unique.

I've got a suggestion. I know the mods probably won't go for this, but....I'd make it mandatory to at LEAST donate a buck or two just to be able to post, period. And then maybe a different set amount to be able to obtain other features. I don't think it's fair/cool that Shawn has had to flip the bill all these years, with nothing but complaints to show for it.

Looks awesome! :thumbsup: That "Ignore User" function should come in handy 8) . Will the "ignored party" know that you're ignoring them at all? :lol:

So is it going to be easier to donate, or do we still have to send our donations to Shawn directly? I've said it before and it bears repeating, I'll gladly donate some $$$ (again) to keep this site up and running...