Okay is this overkill?

1991 Lumina Euro 4 door

6.5 components in every door

Tweeters in A pillars in front

Tweeters in rear doors

6x9s in the rear

4x6 in the front

2 12" subwoofers

now with that all said.. it is highly possible.. im just wondering if the speakers will fit in the rear door without hitting the window or anything like that...

my friend wants to do this to my car, and i already have 6x9s 4x6s 2 12"s (one is F'd to hell)

so yea what yall think?

i bet i could win a contest aha

Why the hell would you want so many speakers?

6.5 components in the door with tweeter in the A pillar should be enough for the front.

6x9s in the rear.

Maybe some cheaper co-ax 2-ways in the rear doors if you must have them, but I really wouldn't bother.

That is all... (subwoofers are up to you, that's really personal preference).

4x6 in the front will just HURT the sound, IMO, cause it will be to much sound coming from everywhere.

More is not better.

I agree with C-BAD, and I wouldn't bother with speakers in the rear door. No point.

The 6x9's in the rear would also just be for rear fill, you want your sound stage coming from the front. I would just focus on the 6.5 components and use the tweeter in the A-pillar just to raise the sound stage off the floor.

If you set it up to run like my dad's Volvo it might sounds good. His car has 3 way speakers in the front doors, (2 way?), in the rear doors and then two woofers in mounted on the rear deck which I believe act as subwoofers. It also has a center speaker in the dash, but doesn't do much of anything.

With it set up like that, that car actually sounds very good for a factory sound system. Of course 2 12s will sound better then whatever is in the back on his Volvo, but damn, I can't really complain about what is in there now

The way my STE is setup is nice (its completely stock) and I see no reason at all to do any more than what it has. It has 6.5's in the front doors along with tweeters, it also has tweeters in the rear doors, and 6x9's in the rear deck. The dash has holes for 4x6's so with those it would be PLENTY. And with the addition of the 2 12's you are talking about I don't see how you could even want more than that. I think mine sounds pretty good how it is.

Shawn

The main point here is that it would be stupid to spend money on components for the front, AND have dash speakers. If you wanna put speakers in the doors and dash then just get co-ax cause they're cheaper. The whole point of components is for SQ not SPL.

i agree, for the most part, with everyone else.

what i don't agree with is having rear 6x9s. if you ABSOLUTELY need rear fill, just get some 6 or 8 inch drivers and mount those in the rear deck with small sealed enclosures underneath.

with the money you would spend on all those speakers, you could get a surround-sound capable head unit and surround system. it's cool, but it won't win any sound quality competitions

yeah, if I were you, (depending on if you want SQ or SPL) Id go with 2 12" (vented or sealed your choice) Upgrade the factory speakers, and get a component set. That will be more than enough to do what you want. Not to mention you wont break the bank depending on what brand name you get.....

My friend has a 2004 Nissan Titan with the 10 speaker Rockford Fosgate audio system and honestly I think it sounds horrible with all those speakers. The music isn't clear and I really hate Rockford Fosgate. I think at least 3 of the speakers are blown because of the poor quality. So, with that said, the more speakers you have doesn't always mean it's going to sound better.

And 1990 Lumina, i have to agree with you, Volvos do sound excellent for stock.