Power steering problem

gpchris

Well my battery went out last night so i changed it today, and then later today i took it out for a drive and it was making a bussy whiny noise when i moves the wheel. I came back home and my power steering fluid leaked out. I put some back in it and it kept whining and more so when i reved. I'm thinking it could be the pump but i think it was leaking out on the intake side.

mines REALLY started wining, its annoying, are these cars suppose to have really stiff steering? likei cant even use my palm to turn the wheel its too stiff my hand just slips, would my pump be going out and not givving full assist, or are these cars with 245's like that?

Well my steering is alot more stiff that most of the other cars i've had but i can still easily steer with my palm. Its weird cuz mine whines but the power steering isn't effected at all.

one more thing, the power steering lines were shaking and whining like crazy when the wheel was all the way to one side...

id say take the belt off and see if the pump as in and out play it will tell u if the bearings are bad and check for how easily it spins if its easy its probly going bad but also check how old the fluid is hope it helps

hmm, put in some power steering fluid stuff thats makes leaks stop and that junk, and it stoped making noises. Although nothing was leaking before or after. I'm gona mess with the pump tomarrow.