How do you clean a throttle body on a 3800 TPI?

91GranSport

I have a 3800 TPI on my '91 Regal GS. How do I properly clean the throttle body? I was thinking of removing the air intake assembly and shooting some carb cleaner into the throttle body while the vehicle is idling. There is a mesh at the entrance of the throttle body that prevents me from taking a rag and wiping the inside of the throttle body. Also, where is the IAC, and how do I clean that as well? Thanks!

dont use carb clean, if im not mistaking the carb clean will wreck you maf sensor. personally i would find maf sensor safe, then take off the screen on the sensor and spray in between the wires of the sensor, cuz im sure its not good to spray directally on the sensor pick ups.

i removed that screen and ground out the lower half of that mass air post. in the process i removed the 3 sensors, with them removed anengine degreaser worked well, that is with the throttle body removed from the car