Trunk misaligned?

Guest donkeykongrape

Guest donkeykongrape

My car has been this way ever since I bought it. One side of the trunk sticks out farther than the other side. It's not leaking or anything but I think it would look better if I could clean it up a bit.

Now that I think of it, my carfax report said my car was involved in a passenger side collision back before I owned it. The misalignment of the trunk is also on the passenger side. Could these be related? Is this fixable? I could still live with it this way, it doesn't bother me too badly.

Here is the driver side of the trunk, it seems to be OK

100_1793.jpg

And here is the passenger side. Note how much farther it sticks out

100_1792.jpg

Might be able to loosen the bolts up on the passenger side and try sliding the trunk towards the back window. Most likely, if it was in a pretty extensive collision, it isn't going to be fixable.

Lets see a shot of the trunk striaght on showing the alignment between the rear quarters and the trunk lid....if the gap on both sides is constant all the way on both sides, you're pretty much up shit creek unless you don't care about the gapping you could move the trunk lid further towards the rear window as already stated.

Most luckily was hit pretty hard and not fixed properly

Before fixing the trunk you need to remove those stickers :lol:

That would be fixing the trunk :lol:

but like he said above, losen the screws and see if it can be adjusted that way

Guest donkeykongrape

haha, enough with the stickers already!!!! I just so happen to like them :bash: Anyways, I'm not sure how severe the collision was, I just know the carfax report says it was on the passenger side. I will take a couple more shots tomorrow to show you from up top.