• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Prospeeder

• Crazy K

• jeremy

• chadz34

Even if they do look "80s" (mainly with the bright red colors and such) I still like the Regal interior and put it at #2.

the whole funky sized/shaped/located radio that is all but impossible to make an aftermaket deck look good in really ruins the whole interior for me.....although I do love their UB3 dash....

At least I didn't trash your's. None of my tabs or knobs have broken in 9 years. Gp's are kinda famous for that aren't they?

I guess ya gotta sit in it to get it....same for all of us I suppose.

For me, a 91 Regal dash in a 92-97 Cutty would be perfect.

Oh yeah..our dash pads (top) hold up with no warping whatsoever. It is a really thick number.

umm huh? only 94-96 had the stupid knobs that break, mine have ben on there for 16 years and havent broken, i dont see how they could, everythings push button from the fan speed to what setting

and i belive only luminas dash pads warp and crack

Oh really?

66442314.jpg

I've seen some pretty bad GP dashes too. Nothing as bad as the Lumina ones, because they warp in so damn many places at once. :lol:

Oh really?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/torotoro/66442314.jpg

I've seen some pretty bad GP dashes too. Nothing as bad as the Lumina ones, because they warp in so damn many places at once. :lol:

You can't tell from my pic, but my upper dash looks just as bad as yours. :? Definitely not a sign of good quality there.

I have no clue as to what any of the 1st gen interiors all look like.. so yeah..

I only posted some pictures on page 1

Sorry.. they didn't load for me the first time King Stick Up My Hiney

I have one of the old, pre-cup holder Cutlass ones on mine. They are about a million times better then the shit-ass newer Cutlass lids. It makes it a little tricky to get it open with the cupholder unfolded, but those cupholders are worthless anyway. Just another gripe about the early first gen interiors. :x

All of the dashes have their quirks, but I prefer the earlier CS dashes with digital cluster, HUD, DIC, and the steering wheel without radio controls. Much cleaner looking. About the only ergonomic issue that bugs me with the CS is the radio placement, but that's ok if you have a stereo remote. Throw in digital climate control and it's a shoe-in.

My opinion: I'm always going to be partial to the '94+ Grand Prix (aside from that stupid goddamn shifter knob), not only because I have one, but it's got those big analog gauges and easy-to-fiddle-with HVAC knobs. I also dig the late 1st-gen Cutty interiors (probably because they look similar).

I will have to say though, the dash in my former '89 SE was pretty cool. All kinds of knobs, sliders, buttons, digital displays, and switches (WTF is up with putting the Premium Sound switch on the door? Doesn't the radio make more sense?). It was more of a novelty, though, as I would have gotten sick of it had I kept it longer.

I'll take the '88-'94 Cutlass Dash...

While i agree that the radio is too far away when you have the stock one, mine is aftermarket and sticks out farther. The cutlass' climate controls (either style) are excellent...the only gripes i have with it are the huge '94 air bag wheel that covers the vents, and the GAY headlight knob right in the middle of the "button" car as i call it...

If you have an '88-'93 CS...tell me what is NOT run by a button!

Its my favorite interior...plus the console is way nicer...I always thought the GP auto shifter looked like an afterthought

I'll take the '88-'94 Cutlass Dash...

i do like it enough to keep it, otherwise I would upgrade to a 95 CS dash in the 94 and 91... give it SWRC and I think we have a great combo. Of course... I always stick with stock radios, unless I had a chrysler or a ford, but then i would have shot myself. But... that doesn't mean i can't upgrade to a nice radio from a later model :D

Guest Anonymous

Nothing at all. :lol:

Thats what i like about the early GP interior... everything is buttons and they are EVERYWHERE.

Nothing at all. :lol:

LIES!

I see a knob in your pic. shift knob! Retrofit in a pushbutton shifter from a chrysler, which had pushbutton trannies back around 1960 in it's imperail and another model or too. :lol:

and is't it a lever for the wipers?

Yeah I'm a smartass!

semi off topic, could i run the earlier cutlass headlight button instead of the knob, keeping my foglights and stuff still? I always liked the button when i saw it in the yard, but havent taken the time to figure out what's all on it. (its been a while since ive seen one, so i may not make much sense, someone should get a pic)

semi off topic, could i run the earlier cutlass headlight button instead of the knob, keeping my foglights and stuff still? I always liked the button when i saw it in the yard, but havent taken the time to figure out what's all on it. (its been a while since ive seen one, so i may not make much sense, someone should get a pic)

read this thread:

http://www.w-body.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=37420

you would need both the 88-93 switch and the fog light control switch that mounts where your current headlight switch goes, and it was stated that you would loose 'theatre lighting'?

back to topic :D