1 member has voted

1. 1. Whats your favorite 1st gen interior

• Regal
    • Grand Prix
    • Cutlass
    • Lumina
    • Tied on Grand Prix and Cutlass
    • Other combo

Sorry, I didnt want to add all the 2nd and 3rd gen interiors, but whats everyones take on all the 1st gen interiors? Comfort, Looks, how well put together, quality, control position?

Im tied between the GP and the Cutlass. Grand Prix interiors on looks, Grand Prix interios on Comfort (although i hear Cutlass's have the same seats?), and Cutlass for the cool factor like the digital climate control and heads up display, but i only know my grand prix on quality and control positions.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Prospeeder

• Crazy K

• jeremy

• chadz34

Guest Anonymous

The only thing interior wise the cutty has over the grand prix is the digital climate control. We have (IMO) a much nicer info center, the cool cluster pods, the secuirty lighting (in some models), and the "Grand Prix" door handle plates. Everything goes together better.

I don't like the Cutlass interior because it has so many "sharp" edges on everything. The steering wheel is the letter "t" . It's still very cool, but even though the GP might have lower quality I still like the look and "mood" (especially early GPs with the digital dash ;) ) I really don't care for my 95 GP interior which I consider much different than 88-93.

Regal would be 2nd on my list.

Gen 1 pre-passenger airbag type dash only???

I hate:

The CS radio being to far away

The Lumina Dash Peels back, buttons for climate are far away (but easy to use)

Gp has too many buttons... all over the place!

Regal... (don't know all details) many seem to have some of the important guages way off to the side!

Not a single dash could be called ergonomic friendly!

BUT I do like all the stuff people have mentioned above. And the pics of everyone's interiors are fantastic, with the fully loaded options Galore!!!

How about pics of someones HUD installed in a regal or lumina. btw?

Guest Anonymous
Even though the GP might have lower quality I still like the look and "mood" (especially early GPs with the digital dash ;) )

:werd:

I also like that the early interior is all buttons and a few sliders, no giant circles and knobs.

There has yet to be a sucessful swap into a lumi and regal.

I know they aren't factory, but..... they would be sweet.

I think there have been at least two in Luminas I have heard with swaps, but haven't seen good pics.

Give me a couple weeks and mine will be in the pics :twisted:

Along with a little more candy...

1st Gen Regal's interiors own as far as quailty goes. My old Cutlass's interior felt soooo cheap compared to the Regal's. And my firend's TGP wasn't much better then the cutlass's...

I do like the 95+ CS, regal, and 94+ Gp dash (except for radio knobs that break)

I also sort of like the 95+ lumina and m carlo dash, but with some mods.

That would be a black column and a black cluster bezel in a non black interiored car.

I also like gray the best.