Anyone with ported heads have a flowsheet?

Vegeta

Im testing out porting on the 2.8/3.1 heads, and while trying to figure out how im gonna break it down into stages for my business I ended up with an intake side that outflows a 3100 head stock. Not exactly done as this is the first intake port I have done on this style but I would love to see a comparison. If there is a cc number for the port as well that would be extremely useful but I never really see that info other than for V8s.

If there is any interest, i have the stock flow numbers on the 60V6 site under pushrod > flowsheets.

Also, since I plan to end up with a set of heads aimed at the turbo 3.1, would there be any interest in doing a D shaped exhaust port if you knew you had to modify your stock manifolds to match it? Just curious if there is any demand for this, what the demand would be for, or if im doing this solely for my own information and experience:P Thanks!

Jeff M has most of the info your looking for on his site ..turbograndprix.com.. Its somewhere around there.

I've done the d port mod on my 2nd gen heads on the GTU. I would say it works. But im thinking turbo heads only care for BIG ports on the exhaust. N/A heads do care because of scavage.

Im testing out porting on the 2.8/3.1 heads, and while trying to figure out how im gonna break it down into stages for my business I ended up with an intake side that outflows a 3100 head stock. Not exactly done as this is the first intake port I have done on this style but I would love to see a comparison. If there is a cc number for the port as well that would be extremely useful but I never really see that info other than for V8s.

If there is any interest, i have the stock flow numbers on the 60V6 site under pushrod > flowsheets.

Also, since I plan to end up with a set of heads aimed at the turbo 3.1, would there be any interest in doing a D shaped exhaust port if you knew you had to modify your stock manifolds to match it? Just curious if there is any demand for this, what the demand would be for, or if im doing this solely for my own information and experience:P Thanks!

I would be interested in a set of these heads if you can in fact get them to outflow or flow equivelant to 3x00 heads. I have P&P'ed 3x00 heads on my STE along with the whole topend swap (plus a cam), and the gain was nice, but the swap was a lot of work and I'd rather not do it again. I plan on toying around with my dads TGP and probably getting another LG5 project of my own in the future, so depending on price I'd definately be interested in at least one set. Modifying the manifolds to match the d-shaped ports is easy and doesn't take long at all.

Shawn

Well, it didnt take a D shape to get 160 cfm at .500 lift on the exhaust. Surprised the hell out of me. In fact, I retested a stocker again to make sure my bench wasn't messed up and it was all good. Im using a tube on the exhaust ports which probably helps. Keeps everything consistant but honestly...it was way too easy to get thta 160 number (stock gen 3 is 164). Yeah, the other lift values are much more important but im working on a stage 1 gen 3 head to add to my store and have been at this all night:P Just wanted to share a little progress for the hell of it.

There is a difference in the design other than the D shape though its kinda the same as gen 3 in the bowl....kinda.

Oh yeah, stock .500 exhaust flow is 125-130 on my bench with my setup. Im not sure what year jeff's gen 3 stock numbers are from or if they used a tube on the port or left it without anything attached. That affects it greatly.