Cadillac CTS "subwoofer" ?

THe_DeTAiL3R

So I was cleaning a 2004 Cadillac CTS today and decided to see how the stereo is on those things. It has Bose (says on the tweeter on the A-pillar), but when cleaning the trunk I noticed a woofer about 8" or 10" right in the middle of what normally is the rear speakers. Anyone know anything about them? They aren't like incredibly earthshaking bass or anything, but give the car a nice rich sound.

Hmm...

Yeah it's got a nice sound, and I wouldn't mind having more trunk room. :!:

I have a couple amps that would drive 1 sub nicely..

come to think of it, my SHO had one there too.....that one was only 8" though...

I wanna do something like that to my car too. I dont want like earth shattering bass, but enough to give it a little deeper sound. I was thinking of stealing one of the Bose subs out of an acura that mount in the spare tire well in the trunk.

i am really happy with the stereo in my monte.... granted i still want to get at least a sub in there it sounds great and pounds if the right song is on.... it is just the upgraded 6 speaker system am/fm/cd/cassette with the trunk mounted 250W amp, from what i have personally heard myself it is one of the best sounding factory systems without a sub or BOSE... infinity...whatever else makers a whoring out to put in and add $1500 to the price of a car

Honestly, I'm not totally taken away by the 10" Bose in my 03 STS. It sounds damn clean, and it plays REALLY REALLY loud, but the factory UQ3 audio in my Cutlass had more low end. With the 10" Alpine I added, there is no comparison... the Cutlass beats the shit outta the Bose. I am building my own box for it that will hang underneath the package shelf though, to free up some space and get the factory look I so desperately desire.

I say, unless you can get one really cheap, dont waste your time. Bose is overrated as all hell. Their systems sound really clean and loud, but completely lack balls.

BUT, if you really want the Bose, my old Aurora had a neat little enclosure with a down firing 8" sub. Would work nice, and be easier to find than a new Cadillac sub.

aurora025.jpg

Kinda see it in that pic, with the mini amp next to it.

• 6 months later...

I saw something similar in my friends Nissan Maxima. It was a 2000 and had a sub between his rear speakers. Sounded nice. There you go Dave. A bump to your old thread!

I know the New Honda Elements have an Alpine 8" in the back. And I work in a honda parts department and have yet to see one get replaced. :neutral: