going to the salvage yard....anyone need anything?

Guest TurboSedan

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GnatGoSplat

• MaD

• Brian P

• SuperBuick

hey you thinkyou can get me the little square cupholder like thing that goes after the shifter on a automatic grand prix? i lost mine when a 20oz coke got stuck to it and i threw away the coke without noticing the little square thingy was attached. my email is djxpi@aol.com, but i wont be around all day. if you get it email me and let me know wasup aight? laterz

I could use 2 mint front graphite armrests from an 88-94 Cutlass Supreme (from the front console). Mint meaning perfect, untorn vinyl. Dirty is OK. :) Also the compartment if it has the cupholder still intact.

Thanks.

I'd LOVE to do that rear brake conversion! :) How much to get everything needed for that? I still have the dumpy 91 back brakes :oops:

And if you happen to find one more graphite armrest that's mint, and/or the compartment with cupholder, I'll buy those as well :D

And hell, if you would be willing to get all the parts for that 5-speed conversion, I'd pick that up too

Let me know what you can do and at what prices

Thanks

-MaD-

Yea, I get overcharged too :-\, I was charged $20 for a power lock/window wiring harness! it took ME 3 hours to pull it, too!

But I got the whole harness right out the dash!

Luke, you're on a mac? I got one at home, I love it, they're the shit :D

I have to use a PC at work and it's like heaven when I use my comp at home!

-MaD-

:bs: er...YOU! suck. :twisted:

:cuss: :bash: :bawl: :guns: :boring: :dammit: :think: :nono:

PC's Rule, Macs drool!!

-MaD-

Top ten ways that life would be different if Apple built cars

10 New seats would require everyone to have identical bottoms.

9 We'd all have to switch to Macintosh Gas®

8 The cars would only come in transparent aqua-marine. For some reason, you would have it no other way.

7 The oil, alternator, gas, and engine warning lights would all be replaced by a single warning light.

6 Apple Computer would make a car that was solar-powered, twice as reliable, five times as fast, but would only run on 3.12% of the roads.

5 You would constantly be pressured to replace your car.

4 You could only have one person in your car at a time, unless you bought a USB hub, but even then you'd still have to buy more seats.

3 Occasionally, cars would just die for no reason. Curiously, owners would just accept this as normal.

2 Every time the lines on the road were repainted, you'd have to buy a new car.

1 People would get excited about the new features in iMac cars, ignoring the fact that they had been available in other brands for years.

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey!, Whatsamattayou! :nono: None of my macs have ever died for no reason, and I CAN run ALL PC software via a *shudders* PC emulator, and to tell you the truth , the emulator runs BETTER than some of the Wintel machines I'VE been using! 8)

Apple for life! :werd:

-MaD- :twisted:

Hey!, Whatsamattayou! :nono: None of my macs have ever died for no reason, and I CAN run ALL PC software via a *shudders* PC emulator, and to tell you the truth , the emulator runs BETTER than some of the Wintel machines I'VE been using! 8)

Apple = no life! :werd:

-MaD- :twisted:

:lol2: The only useful software you can run on the Mac is the PC emulator. :lol: My sister has an old G3 Mac and she can't use any of the inexpensive hardware like scanners and digital cameras because they all only had PC drivers. :lol: Once that G3 Mac DID crap out for no good reason and she wanted me to fix it. It was just 1yr old. Well, you can't just go on the Internet and buy parts for a 1yr old Mac, you gotta send it somewhere! I think it needed a $400 motherboard!!! You can get a Pentium 4 PC mobo for <$70 and a CPU/mobo combo for $150. At first I thought it needed a power supply and I priced those at $100. PC ATX power supplies are <$20 for a 400W.

I'm a former Mac user (I left when my last Mac was a IIfx), but as a hands-on hardware kinda guy (I like working on cars, after all), PC was more my cup of tea, especially since you can buy an empty box, assemble a bunch of circuit boards and drives, and voila! A perfectly functional machine that runs WinXP for <$400. Back when I dropped Macs in the early 90's, a 1.44MB floppy drive (back then called "FDHD") cost $100 while 1.44MB PC drives were $10. :wink:

I like to think of it as the "Bentley" of Home Computers 8)

-MaD-

I think of it more like an alternative fuel vehicle, if you think of software as fuel. It may be more efficient and cleaner, but:

- You can't use the same fuel as everyone else.

- You can't refuel where everyone else does.

- Your fueling stations are far more limited.

- You can't just drop by an auto parts store and get parts if it breaks.

- No one knows how to work on one if it DOES break.

- Replacement parts cost 10x more.

:) it's the price you have to pay for the luxury of owning one of these beaSSts 8)

And I suppose I've gotten lucky, because in the past 10 years of using Apple computers, not once have they let me down. Also, anything that HAS gone "wrong" was fixed by me. Usually it's nothing more than a couple of "tricks of the trade" that cures what ails me. Not to mention, certain parts MAY be expensive, but I have yet to break anything, All my mobo's, CPU's, HD's, Disk Drives etc have passed the endurance test. And even if I did, there's always eBay. Plus, I still have every mac I've ever owned, and All 6 of them are STILL in perfect working order (although outdated)

So nah! Put that in your PeeCee and smoke it! 8)

-MaD-

Yes, I am a Mac and a PC person, I work with both at work, and I have a mac and a PC at home. My pc is my primary gaming machine, and I use the mac for image editing, and hopefully video editing here soon. The 3 macs I've owned have treated me well, I started off with an old Performa 475 that I upgraded to the max (new processor, maxed ram and Vram), I got rid of that for a 6400/180, and then I sold that to a friend when I aquired a 9600/200 that 'wasn't working' for free. I replaced the motherboard battery on the 9600 and I had myself a damn good working computer. It was even upgraded to a G3 300 Mhz processor, and 256 mb of ram... for free! ha! Talk about a steal! :D

Anyway back on topic.. If you can get the brake parts cheap, I'm in a real bad need of them.. my rear calipers are on their last leg as of right now.

Luke

I would like a set of the mounting brackets and bolts if there are any left to be had. I am getting ready to do the coversion myself. I am just going to buy "new" for everything else. Will the cables on the 1994+ fit on the Gen 1 cars? If you can get a set to sell me give shoot me the price and how to send you the money. Thanks, Brian nerfbars@excite.com

let me know....there are at least 2 '95 Regal sedans and 1 or 2 '94+ Cutlass Supremes ...
If either of those 2 '95 Regal sedans happen to have the bench seat with a dual cupholder assembly in the front center armrest, I am interested in that (assuming it's not broken, of course). I've been trying to track one of those down for a few years. None of the local yards have anything that new, the one '95 coupe I saw had a single cupholder like my Cutlass, and the guy at the parts counter at the GM dealer gave me conflicting parts numbers. If you can look into that I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

IMHO as a computer technician by trade, Macs are far superior to PCs in every respect, and with the new OS, there is NOTHING you can't do on a mac that you can't do on a PC, besides crash. I've had my Mac running for the past 7 weeks without rebooting it once. absolutely NOTHING has gone wrong, and I am not exactly a "silly little computer user", I'm talking imovie, iDVD, iphoto, photoshop, ie, office, itunes, all at ONCE!!! You couldn't PAY me to use a wintel box for my own personal use. If macs were $10,000 and PCS were buy one get paid $5000, I'd save my money and get the mac. My family has 7 macs and 2 PCs, and NONE of the macs have ever had ANY hardware problems, and we have never had any software problem that I couldn't fix myself. the PCs have failed us, crashed, broke, etc. etc. Pick up a mac laptop and smack it, its solid, do that to a PC, and you're gonna be buying a new one. Not to mention superior processing power with 1/2 the MHZ and about 1/100th the power use. Ever heard of "speedstep" on a mac? Nope, cuz they don't need it. G4 laptops get 6+ hours of battery life and they have WAAAAAAY more processing power than Pentium 3s or 4s. My dual g4 desktop doesnt even have a heatsink on the processor!!! The only software problems I have ever had on any mac were Microsoft programs......hmmmmm. I'm sorry but shoddy, generic products just aren't my thing, thats why I use a mac, and nothing anyone could boast about a PC (Piece a'Crap) would ever switch me. Since working at a tech services company servicing PCS ONLY, I have switched 12 people to Mac just by bringing my mac to work and showing them what I had that they didn't, and how they do everything they were doing on their PC simpler and faster on a Mac. I support all you Mac guys, don't listen to the evil Shawn Lin!!!!!!!! heheheh ;-)

ok i'll look. there are actually 3 '95+ Buick Regal Sedans. i already got the rear brakes off one of 'em. does color matter or is it a black/grey piece? 2 of the cars are blue and 1 is goldish-tan. you want me to get it if they have it? i'd guess they would want around $15 for it. let me know

joshua

Should be black, but it folds away into the armrest anyway so doesn't really matter. Just make sure it's a dualie, after the single I saw in the '95 coupe, I'm a bit skeptical as to if any of them actually came with the dual cupholders like they were supposed to. If you find it, go for it though.