SHE'S ALIVE!!!

dbtk2

I want to get one some day.would not mind having 420 horse to play wit.

420hp in a GTP is not easy to get. Its very possible, don't get me wrong. It just takes a bit of $ to get there, especially if you keep the M90. With a turbo or a different blower its not too hard, but even if you go that route after you've rebuilt the trans and everything you've got like $8k in the drivetrain.

My dads car runs 11.9-12.1's @ 116-118 depending on conditions, and untuned made 334whp (~417 flywheel hp)/365wtq. (~456 flywheel tq.) but hes got a LOT into the drivetrain. Its pretty useless to drive on the street around town though, its really a freeway monster. I've seen it brake the tires loose at 72 on dry pavement before (was tuning it so I was really paying attention to the logs and we were definately going 72 when he got on it and they broke loose), but typically it only does it at 55-60 depending on the pavement. But from like a 60mph roll it typically runs pretty well. It would be fun to have a car like his though, I wish I had one for sure, but I'd rather take the f-body route or something like that because its much cheaper to go that fast going that route. For now I'll deal with my STE and T/A though.

Shawn

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dbtk2

• Garrett Powered

• z284pwr

• Prospeeder

Quit playing with the econo 5littler and stick a 327 or a vortech 350 in there! :mrgreen: Or add a $1500 blower on there. :wink: 8)

Well anyway. Theres no greater feeling than getting your car back from a long rest.

Theres no better way of getting rid of flats spots than roasting the meats all the way to 2nd gear. 8)

Quit playing with the econo 5littler and stick a 327 or a vortech 350 in there! :mrgreen: Or add a $1500 blower on there. :wink: 8)

Well anyway. Theres no greater feeling than getting your car back from a long rest.

Theres no better way of getting rid of flats spots than roasting the meats all the way to 2nd gear. 8)

Who said I'm playing with the 5.0???? I haven't touched the car since I got it other then setting the timing and tuning the carb since both were way off, and putting a clutch in it (needed it badly and the new one was a good one and came with the car) been too busy with school, work, and the STE. I'm dropping a 330hp/380tq crate 350 Vortec in it (I get GM discount so it will be under $2k) and putting a blower on top of it (just a little $1400 weiand, no $5k procharger). Its also getting headers, electric water pump, underdrive pulleys, and 4.56 gears.... All this stuff costs money though obviously, and being in college, only being 18, and living on my own makes it a little difficult, especially when I own two cars and insure both and whatnot. The goal is to have both cars solidly in the mid 13's by the time I'm 19, and at least one of them in the 12's by the end of '06. By the end of '07 the goal is to have the T/A solidly in the mid 12's and the STE with a 5 speed swap running mid-low 13's on street tires.

Shawn