• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dbtk2

• Garrett Powered

• z284pwr

• Prospeeder

I am running the TopGun 160 chip, which from what I've been told has a 6200rpm limiter, but I haven't looked at it on my scan tool to verify that the rev limiter is in fact 6200rpm, it seems close though. It pulls hard all the way to the limiter, I'm going to raise it to 6600 and it should do better then.

Shawn

i think our red line is 5600 at the highest (with a TG160) jeffm was weary when i even asked about going close to 6000 with out valvetrain mods (i know you have them but you haven't changed your redline) his chip definately goes fuel cut before then!

if you want to know for sure hold it in first gear with a scan tool hooked up and wait till you hit cut....go look for your highest rmp value!

sounds like tons of fun though what are you tuning (program/burning setup/wideband o2??) with??

I am running the TopGun 160 chip' date=' which from what I've been told has a 6200rpm limiter, but I haven't looked at it on my scan tool to verify that the rev limiter is in fact 6200rpm, it seems close though. It pulls hard all the way to the limiter, I'm going to raise it to 6600 and it should do better then.

Shawn[/quote']

i think our red line is 5600 at the highest (with a TG160) jeffm was weary when i even asked about going close to 6000 with out valvetrain mods (i know you have them but you haven't changed your redline) his chip definately goes fuel cut before then!

if you want to know for sure hold it in first gear with a scan tool hooked up and wait till you hit cut....go look for your highest rmp value!

sounds like tons of fun though what are you tuning (program/burning setup/wideband o2??) with??

I know how to check it I've just never got around to it. I KNOW the limiter is at least 5800 or so....hell the stock limiter is like 5800. I think its around 6k or so but I'll have to check and see. Either way it'll be raised to 6600 when I finally get all the chip editing stuff I need together. I can't do anything to change the chip right now, I'm working on getting everything I need to be able to modify them.

Shawn

Guest TurboSedan
The thing pulls HARD through first gear, has no problem smoking the 245/50 Nitto's from a 20mph roll.

i'm assuming you have 245/50s on the 5-spoke wheels in your sig? i just bought a really nice set of white GP 5-spoke wheels for my TSTE and was hoping i could run 245/50s but i wasn't sure if they were too wide for the 7" wheel. i'd rather not get 235s.

I am running the TopGun 160 chip' date=' which from what I've been told has a 6200rpm limiter, but I haven't looked at it on my scan tool to verify that the rev limiter is in fact 6200rpm, it seems close though. It pulls hard all the way to the limiter, I'm going to raise it to 6600 and it should do better then.

Shawn[/quote']

I know how to check it I've just never got around to it. I KNOW the limiter is at least 5800 or so....hell the stock limiter is like 5800. I think its around 6k or so but I'll have to check and see. Either way it'll be raised to 6600 when I finally get all the chip editing stuff I need together. I can't do anything to change the chip right now, I'm working on getting everything I need to be able to modify them.

Shawn

This brings up a good question though, are you just taking that chip and raising and fixing the rev limiter or are you going custom?

I went with a custom one and for what I spent, it has been quite good indeed, I am impressed and happy with how nice it turned out and have very few running problems so far with it, plus my high rev limiter surely is nice with a modded engine

This brings up a good question though, are you just taking that chip and raising and fixing the rev limiter or are you going custom?

I went with a custom one and for what I spent, it has been quite good indeed, I am impressed and happy with how nice it turned out and have very few running problems so far with it, plus my high rev limiter surely is nice with a modded engine

What I am going to do is start with the topgun 160 file and expand from there. I have my stock chip so I will end up writing what I come up with to that chip, so I don't mess up the TG160 that I already have.

i'm assuming you have 245/50s on the 5-spoke wheels in your sig? i just bought a really nice set of white GP 5-spoke wheels for my TSTE and was hoping i could run 245/50s but i wasn't sure if they were too wide for the 7" wheel. i'd rather not get 235s.

Actually no. I have 225/60/16's on the 5 spokes, they fit very well on them, actually they are a bit too narrow for the wheel IMO, but I know 245's would go with no problems. I have the 245's on my stock STE wheels (6.5") because my friend gave me them (from his '94 Stang GT) after upgrading to Toyo Proxes 4, so I mounted them on my stock STE wheels and I used them at the strip on the Lumina for my 14.4 pass. The track was prepped really shitty so they didn't do much good, but they are better than the continental touring tires the Lumina had. He only gave me two since the ones he had on the rear were down to the cords, but the two he gave me were at least half tread. But anyways, they were free tires so I put them on the front of the STE for now, so I'm not wasting my virtually brand new Potenzas that are on my 5 spokes for some of my test runs I'll be making soon. I already left a 30ft. 2 tire patch in a neighborhood on accident, put the gas down halfway, got like 5psi, tires went crazy with smoke. The car looks kinda funny with stock wheels on the front and 5 spokes on the rear though. For a 6.5" wheel the tires are a little too wide, but on a 7" wheel they would fit perfect IMO.

Also, I never remembered this thing being this shitty in the rain! Holy crap, talk about no traction ever. I try to take off from a stoplight and it gets like 2psi and just spins the tires like mad. I know it wasn't this bad before....hmmmm.

Shawn

fast quarter mile times = 1st mastering the drivetrain you got BEYOND the team of genious tech teams that designed this race car. 2nd working with people who know EVERYTHING about this car like Jeff M. learning from other gurus who made mistakes and the road blocks they hit. 3rd, putting power to the pavement and getting traction in a nice smooth power curve that no one could do consistently without the technology of the oldschool 256 k computer chip and an automatic transmission like any GOOD drag car.

No matter what you do to your hybrid TGP, it will never be as fast as some of these Cartuning turboed GTPs who have been running 12s for a while now with like no problem.

fast quarter mile times = 1st mastering the drivetrain you got BEYOND the team of genious tech teams that designed this race car. 2nd working with people who know EVERYTHING about this car like Jeff M. learning from other gurus who made mistakes and the road blocks they hit. 3rd, putting power to the pavement and getting traction in a nice smooth power curve that no one could do consistently without the technology of the oldschool 256 k computer chip and an automatic transmission like any GOOD drag car.

No matter what you do to your hybrid TGP, it will never be as fast as some of these Cartuning turboed GTPs who have been running 12s for a while now with like no problem.

I beg the differ....

I'll bet it could be done with the proper tuning/setup/power.

straight outta left field :lol: :fruity:

:withstupid: :lol: :fruity: where the fuck did that come from :lol:

No matter what? :lol: If 1-ton dually pickups are out there running low 11s, I dare say we can get a TGP into the 12s :roll:

Who said it would be?????? My goal with this car is to run a 12.999 by the end of '06. There are turbo 97+ GP's running WAY quicker than that. I don't compare my cars to theirs at all. And I can tell you that I definately attract way more attention at GP events in my car even when it was turning mid 14's, then those cars ever get.

Not only that but you do have to take into account the fact that we have nowhere near the aftermarket they do, plus they have .7 liters of displacement advantage

I beg the differ....

I'll bet it could be done with the proper tuning/setup/power.

Me too. My STE WILL see 12's in 2006 assuming this trans stays together (unlikely).

The more I drive it the more power it gets it seems like. This thing is a damn monster! I have been unable to attain traction in first gear all day, I'd really like to because this thing is gonna pull like mad... I guess its about time to get some injectors and turn the boost back up to the 12psi or so that I'd like to run....should run pretty good from like a 45mph roll.

Shawn