sway bar bushing size- PROOF that the size changes. PICS

birdman

I would have to measure mine for sure..but i believe it to be 14mm on the rear for an LQ1 car. The bushings on the end are the same for all the bars and i think its slightly larger than the bar diameter

My car is an Fe1 car and i installed the Z34 bar on it FWIW.

when i looked at the front bushing it looked like it went down t like 7/8 at the bushing but im not for sure. reason im asking is because i cant find any poly bushings at the store that go as big as 34mm.

I was told by someone to get these for the FE3 34mm bar.

9.5160 (these are the smaller 24mm bushings)

9.5167 (these are 33mm in size)

...and I'll add this from an old post where I posted those same #'s for someone else.

"Those sizes are what Jon told me were actually on his car. I think he said the 34mm they offer is a tad too big and it might be a little difficult to get the 33's on there, but they work."

• 3 weeks later...

finally proof that is does get smaller at the end bushings!!! i took pics and nobody can argue with that... i hope. here they are, as you can see the sway bar gets considerably smaller at each end, does anyone know what its diameter is there? thanls.

DSC00053.jpg

DSC00051.jpg

Guest TurboSedan
I was told by someone to get these for the FE3 34mm bar.

9.5160 (these are the smaller 24mm bushings)

9.5167 (these are 33mm in size)

i'm gonna have to agree with Matt. i have the 34mm front bar sitting in my garage. i couldn't measure it for sure but i tried to put one of my 22mm Addco rear bar bushings on the end of the 34mm front bar and it was a little too small. so 24mm sounds right to me.

I'm not arguing that it does in fact get smaller but I don't think that having the ends a little smaller is goinr to hurt the torsional rigidity of the bar that much. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.