Bought some new tires

skiiirt

After much debating I decided the cutty needs some new rubber. Im not one for winter tires. Ive never driven with winter tires and I dont have rims so I dont have summer tires. Im used to slip slididng out of control.

So I bought the BF Goodrich Traction A/T's The final cost was $575 CAD. I got quotes on these tires from as little as that to as high as $869 for 4.

I wish I was in the USA so I could order from tirerack and have them shipped to me at a reasonable price. $72/tire is amazing!

Those of you with the Traction A/T's how do you like em? Worth the investment?

They get installed on Saturday. Hopefully it snows a pile so I can test em out. I now have a full sized spare! Does a full sized fit in the spare tire well?

you mean Traction T/A's? My mom has them on her GP and my sister has them on her CS...My mom says they're great in snow...SO much better than the Mastercraft P794's that were on it...not to mention they are SO much quieter on dry roads and its much harder to get the tires to spin now (it was so bad with the old tires, they'd start spinning if you gunned it at 20mph).

I plan on getting a set for my CS and selling my dad my Cooper Classics for the Quad 4 CS (i'm driving it and it NEEDS new tires).

What model of the Traction T/A? T? H? V?

I'm eyeballing a set of T/A T's for the Impala (225/60/16's.) The local tire chain has them for $89 each (not including mounting/balancing/disposal) and TireRack has them for $72 at their Reno warehouse only. To have them shipped from Reno to my house would cost $60, so I'm better off going to the local tire chain.

I've heard they're excellent tires, so you gotta let me know how well they handle in rain/snow/ice. They've gotta be better than the shitty Eagle GA's that the car came with (more like Eagle G-A-Y's :lol: )

I believe I got the T/A T's. I will know more tomorrow

Its pretty warm here and the snow has melted quite a bit. Although the roads are still slippery. I will put some miles on the tires tomorrow to see how everything is.

I'll post more when I get some more info.

I have Cooper tires...they are pretty surprising how good they are in snow, and ice. They grip pretty good on pavement, and snow. Ice they struggle, but are better then some other one's I've seen people try to use. (We have a couple hills on the way to school at have a decent incline to them and you know who has good tires and who doesn't when it ices over and the light turns red half way up lol)

Though bothof them leak a little bit of pressure in spring/fall. I'm guessing this is a fault of my rims (clear coat peeling probably around the seal)...oh well.

Good to hear you got a good deal on those tires man. I have BF's on the back on my car..not bad, but I can't really tell because they are pretty much bald...real hard rubber on mine though.

For the winter, Im running Dunlop's Graspic, and I love em, there the best tire Ive ever had in the snow/ice and just winter conditions. No doubt that BF Goodrich's are deff a good tire though! The only thing I dont like about the Dunlops, if you try any high speed moves, or are feeling rather sporty in the rain, lol watch out, theyll keep you on your toes :lol: