Snow = ABS light

93euro

ok so every time it snows, and i drive around in it, the old ABS light pays the dash a visit. its obviously the snow, but what does it do? It's done it this winter and last winter, but i don't think it did it in winter '03. i wish the light would just burn out or something, i hate having a warning light lit!!

Your ABS is kicking in? Not sure about the 1st gens

if thats what you call it :lol: . it sucks, but it sucks it up even more with snow around. light on in dash = no ABS at all.

try the standard stuff, clean the sensor connectors and dielectric grease them, see if that makes a difference, and while doing so, look at the sensors so see if any have age cracks, and replace those.

If you have a multimeter, and don't mind freezng your nuts off, you might connect the ohmeter to each sensor and see if it returns a signal while spinning the tire.

Tip. get a junk harness with a foot of wire to test the sensors.

my abs light always came on when i did e-brake slides....but i haven' t been in snow for 3 yrs with the GP so....I don't know what happens....or why the light comes on....even with the light on, i had ABS so i don't know waht it was trying to tell me.....

i'd shut the car off, and the light would go off....untill i hit some ice and hit the brakes hard...then it would come back on

I'd check the wires and connections as Crazy K said.

My car does what AWeb80's does...except the 'Low Trac' comes on. I don't think us 2nd gens have an ABS light.

i hate having a warning light lit!!

haha...me too. Mine says "Change Oil"... its not due for another 1200 miles. :shrug:

I'd check the wires and connections as Crazy K said.

My car does what AWeb80's does...except the 'Low Trac' comes on. I don't think us 2nd gens have an ABS light.

i hate having a warning light lit!!

haha...me too. Mine says "Change Oil"... its not due for another 1200 miles. :shrug:

I have both.. the "anti brak" light comes on when something's wrong and the low trac light comes on when the ABS is actually working

The only time my ABS has come on, is when the aux power was loose. Took me all winter to figure that one out :lol: So no ABS is the snow, what fun that was :roll:

But usually when the aux power is loose, the ABS light and the E-brake light will both come on.

Did you ever get that light on after washing your car, or during or after rain? That's the problem I had, and it turns out one of the wires that goes to the wheels speed sensor had some water stuck in there, so everything I would brake, or hit a bump, the vibration would send a drop of water down the wire, and my ABS light would come on. I had the problem for a while, until I was putting on my new wheels, and then I checked the wires. My problem was the rear left wheel, and I dried off the wires, and put new tape over it, and haven't had any problems since then.