Will this work

Darksyde

You need to make sure that you have the wires as well as the switches to control it. You could always rig your own switches if you need to, as long and you can come up with a wiring diagram and have some attached wiring harness to work with.

Also does anyone know about the cable drive (it this model was equipped) to adjust it?

BTW, I have a 94 CS service manual covering an early style HUD.

Guest Anonymous

As cool as they are, it would be difficult to do a good job on it. I'm not familiar with the lumina dash, but the HUD unit, brackets, and dimmer switches are specifically designed for the GP. I really don't even know how you would attach it. I doubt the HUD tray would bolt up right into the lumina dash.

Guest Anonymous

how would you even mount the dimmer switch and run the cable? It seems very, very difficult. The only one i've seen done in a lumina was a fixed image type that was submerged below the dash with a plexi window or something.

It is possible to install and make it look good or in my case you won't even know it is there at all. It's not complete yet as I'm still working on reducing the image mirroring, so no pics yet. The factory GP or CS mounts housing etc will not work well with Lumina at all. Unless you do something like crimson it's all custom.

Hairdo12 had it flush inside the dash, but he doesn't have any height adjustment because he eliminated the mirrors.

Here's a couple of pics of mine. Its similar to Crimson Fury Z's. Its not fully installed yet, I still need to mount the dimmer. But, its fully working, height adjustment and all.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c264/mshantz83/z34cleanfrontint.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c264/mshantz83/z34clusterhudnite.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c264/mshantz83/z34hud.jpg

pretty much like white 93's set up. you'll have to remove the 4x6 speaker, cut the hole, and get at least something thats 1-1 1/2" to lay ontop of the cluster to prop it up in the rear. i need to remeasure and cut on a new pad, the current hole is too big. as for mounting the dimmer, down by your left knee, below the left vent. there should be a pic some where on my cardoamin site. i got some film left in a real camera, so i'll get new pics.