Need help finding amp.

19Cutlass94

Well I need to get rid of the pyramid amp I have for my interior speakers. Its just sure shit. Doesnt power them at all. I need a four channel amp, But heres where the trouble starts, the 6x9 can handle about 100w RMS so I need the amp to be that, but the front 4" speakers can only handle about 35w RMS (Both are recommended amounts) And I need it to be adjustable, like the fron two channels adjustable and the two rear channels adjustable , kinda like the pryamid amp where channel 1&2 (front) have like a bass knob and same with channel 3&4 (rear) But basically I need to amp to be about 100w RMS 4 channel (although above would realistically would be better) I know the amp exists because the pyramid amp is like that, I just need one that actually puts out some power.

I hope you guy can understand what Im tryig to say :lol: Any help is great!

That Sony mobile ES is the one I had good luck with. Also Alpine DC straight MRV F31 V-12 amp an old amp that is alot like the Sony ES. The Alpine is a 4/3/2 channel so it can run subs or sub and cabin speakers at the same time beautifully. But I just use the Alpine for cabin speakers because I run high powered seperates.

Basically what you want is high pass low pass and gain/freq dials

• 1 month later...

If you set the crossover points for the front speakers properly.....there shouldnt be a problem running them above their recommended power handling.

On that note.....19Cutlass94, I think you know where I am going to go with my recommendations....Nine.4(65x4 @12.5v).

Oh and just to let you know I am ordering a set of 6500's next week! lol

well I have all my fuse holders coming and my 2 13Ov.2's and my nine.1 and Ill be adding the 6500's with I think a Nine.2... so I dont know if its really worth it to spend another 250.00 for another amp....... cuz thatd make it three and trust me I dont have that room in my trunk :lol:

well I have all my fuse holders coming and my 2 13Ov.2's and my nine.1 and Ill be adding the 6500's with I think a Nine.2... so I dont know if its really worth it to spend another 250.00 for another amp....... cuz thatd make it three and trust me I dont have that room in my trunk :lol:

You took the words right out of my mouth. You wont even be able to tell that the speakers arent amped once the components are in there.....The rears will be just for rear fill and the fronts will just help raise the soundstage of the components.

We are almost in the identical situation......Good Job :lol:

haha yeah :lol:

Honestly Im not really looking forward to running the all the wires and cutting the holes in my door panels for the 6500's. But I know once I get that in there, and set all the filters where they should be, Ill have one hell of a great sounding audio system!

But where did you put the x-overs? I duno where I want to place them yet. I still have to figure out how I want the amps in the trunk too ughhhhh! :lol:

I went and put my crossovers in my doors. And I am paying for it now, My cdt components crossovers just quit on me this week. And thats why I am buying the EDI's. So I would maybe put them on your amp rack in the trunk?!

I dont have an amp rack. I have the amps in front of the box in the trunk. well ya know I gotta show off those nice eD amps :wink:

But maybe what I can do, is Ill have the two amps in front, with a digital fuse block going into the Nine.1 so I can read voltage going into it, and Ill have that on the right side of the trunk, and maybe the Nine.2 on the other with the x-overs in the middle of both?

Im not sure but I wanna think of something to make it look nice ya know. but I guess what your saying is just mount the x-overs where you can get to them...

yeah mine sticks out pretty far. I have it right up against my rear STB bar so it wont go any further and I have just enough room to get about an inch between the box and the amp....

relating to the basis of this thread on what amp should be used for the inner speakers.

I used a Kenwood KAC8401 i think it was.... 4 channel amp with 640 watts of power. It has everything you could ever want, very good bridging ability, extra RCA outs if you want to run another amp and dont want to use splitters.

I am running one of those, and a shitty Pioneer 760 watt amp for my 12's that doesnt really put out that wattage, luckily my subs like it on bridged and slap like monsters :)

I am running Pioneer 120 watt 4x6 and Crystal audio 2xx watt 6x9's these sound too Fuggin great. i have won audio competitions around here many times.

the RMS wattage of this amp is insane, it does everything perfect. with individual dials for each channel. i am going to by myself another one :)

I also installed this amp under my passenger seat, the seats spring kind of touches it and made some scratches... but i dont care :) its cosmetic.

the amp on ebay costs raound $120 - $150

on kenwoods site it was like $3xx i think.