refinishing cutlass wheels, need opinions on Photoshop Pics

cutlass1991

I'm not riding chrome in the winter so I started refinishing my stock wheels because they weren't holding air. They had too much corrosion around the seal. So I started to polish the face of the wheel and it is a pain in the ass. I know other people have painted their rims on here and I am considering that now to save a little time. If you guys think they look like shit though, I'll probably just suck it up and keep polishing. I numbered the photos so you can refer to them.

1:

silver.jpg

2:

goldlip.jpg

3:

allgold.jpg

4:

gunlip.jpg

5:

allgun.jpg

if you have a dual action sander, use that on the face to clean it up...just keep using finer grits...its really not that bad...and when you're done, just give it some clearcoat

alright it looks like I'm sticking with #1 and just using a clearcoat. the rest do look retarded after looking at them for a while. Pictures will be up when I finish them.

• 3 weeks later...
if it's not too late, ever consider painting them silver? Advanced auto has two different shades of silver wheel paint. - Ken

man you are soo right. I have been polishing them and it is such a pain in the ass, paint would have been much easier.