Need help getting Trailing Arms

Pabz

My local dealership in Canada wants $114CDN ~ $93 USD for the trailing arm kit. I see on gmpartsdirect they want $32.37 for part#12498649

This kit comes with both trailing arms right.

I am sure shipping costs will be cheaper than what my dealership can offer.

Summit Racing has them for $45.95. Is this the best price i can get. They cant ship till Oct 31st. I would love to get these on before winter.

Does anyone know a better way to get these up here in alberta, canada?

Around here they go for $38 (US) from the dealer. I know there are some from GMPP which I wanted but I needed to get them asap so I opted for the dealer ones. There was one store around here that had them (which was where I got mine) for $29 + tax. Nothing special but they get the job done.

If all else fails, let me know if you need them for $28 / arm and I'll see if I can get my buddy at the store to get me a deal... then we can work somethng out if you want. (of course, this is if he doesn't get fired in the next week...long story :lol: )

Get the GMPP ones if you can wait the week or so for shipping. I've got them and have one of them on (since one of my trailing arms snapped in half). Things are VERY solid compared to stockers.

And yes, the thing on GMPP is a kit with both arms.

I think i am going to go with summit racing $54.90 for both with shipping. The part #12498649 shows 2 trailing arms on gmpartsdirect.com. Hopefully they come as a set with summit. I will ponder it for a few hours. :bash:

Email Summit about it to be sure. The set from GMPP was like $37 with shipping. Wouldn't you rather spend less money and go with something that someone can testify is a quality product?

Oh, and good luck with swapping the trailing arms. Hope you've got some good tools. You're going to need a hell of a breaker bar and a torch, among other things.

I ended up having to have my dad torch off the front bolt because it would not budge.

Ya i read your posts. I got some good tools, but i can always use more. I use any excuse to buy tools. Ive tried to remove the bolts but the ones on the knuckle seem impossible. The other end was not as difficult.

Whats the part number from GMPP? I want the best quality part. How can i get it?? The ones on summit racing were found using the GM performance part number. Are thes the GMPP ones?

Part number from GMPP is 12498649

Very good trailing arms. I wish I had the ability (and the motivation :lol:) to put on the second one but I don't have the tools here at my apartment. The GMPP ones are very quality. If you want me to, I will take a picture of the one sitting in my back seat. :)

this is the same part number i am using at summit racing, i think they are the GMPP ones, i called them and asked. They said it should be the same as GM parts direct which ar are the GMPP ones and come with both trailing arms.

Well ordering from GMPP is cheaper but ~15 bucks. I would go through them. Well, shipping to Canada might be different. I'm not sure.

GMPP does not ship to Canada.....so the ones from Summit would be his only option

Well ordering from GMPP is cheaper but ~15 bucks. I would go through them. Well, shipping to Canada might be different. I'm not sure.

GMPP does not ship to Canada.....so the ones from Summit would be his only option

Or PayPal someone in the states and then have them ship them to you. :wink:

Or PayPal someone in the states and then have them ship them to you. :wink:

Cost would probably end up evening out then though. :lol: Might as well just get the GMPP ones from Summit.

Good luck with the project. :D

Ya i ordered them from summit, should be my best bet. Now to prepare for breaking some nuts, hopefully not my own. What are the bolt sizes for the knucle? i think 24mm, and the other end is 18mm

If i heat these bolts up will i have to replace them with new ones? Where can i get these bolts from? Part #?

no... the ones toward the back of the car come off pretty easily. I used a breaker bar and a 24mm on one side and visegrips on the other and it went fine. the front bolts are a PAIN inthe ass....... heat them up and get a breaker bar on them.. after fighting with it for about 30 mins they'll break free (mine did anyways). i reused my bolts and put anti-seize on them because inthe spring im definitely getting GMPP ones with new bolts.

if you dont plan on taking them off. then definitely get new bolts. GM dealers had them around here but they never gave me a part number

do these have a very good effect on the handling characteristics...since they are so cheap and my car only has 38k on it, i figure i could get my originals out fairly easy.

I'm looking for almost anything that will make this thing corner a little better...I'm real close to getting lowering springs

the front isnst that bad on my 92 (165k) they werent bad at all

my suggestion is get a big breaker bar because air tools dont even help. i have a snap on ratcheting breaker bar and it was a life saver and invest in a 12 pound hand sledge and a good set of punches to make life easier

• 2 weeks later...

OK, got my Trailing arms from Summit, with a HAT too and a free sample of Degree deoderant???

Anyways, how can i get the Addco Revised Sway Bar?? Puh leeze hook up some info as i have searched the threads and there is no contact info.