new wheels!!!! ok, not really Update 06/28/06 (pg. 2)

pwmin

so, i took the clear off the rim of my x-laces and wet sanded with 1000git and polished the lip. wasnt any major scuffing. i also repainted the gray to white. i was bored and wanted to try it out. took a couple pics, but they didnt turn out well and it was really dark. i'll get better pics tomorrow. let me know what you think. yahoo photos sucks so if you copy and paste the link, it should work, but y'all prob know what it looked like before.

before:

f658.jpg?ph.VeSDBDID_Y6At

ed53.jpg?ph.VeSDBR5uKhCn_

after:

DSCF0416.jpg

DSCF0421.jpg

i did clear the white, not the lip. i know they're going to be a pia. if i get sick of it, i'll try gunmetal or something. not sure why i went with the white or why i like it, but i do/did.

does my car really look that low? anyone with st springs? adam has pretty much the same setup as i do. i just have st springs and coilovers and lower profile tire (245/45).

my car was lowered last time i saw you dan. did i just have the front with the stock tires? i think i had all 4 corners lowered with 225/50's. thanks for the good comments. didnt think that many people would like them. i guess my tires are shorter than adam's, which explains why it looks so low i guess?

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

okay, so i decided to get rid of the white cause they were too hard to clean and the paint was coming off since i painted right over the factory paint. i got the dupli-color graphite or whatever wheel paint. pics are here (first two): http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v476/pwmin/white%20wheels i'll get some pics up when i put them on. i stripped all the paint with aircraft stripper. what a bitch took forever.

Much better! I have a thing for dark grey... :mrgreen:

:werd:

If it weren't for the fact I'm thinking about selling the TGP, I'd paint my crosslace that color too.

• 2 weeks later...

i got a pic with the wheels on the car, but i accidentally erased it from my camera, but here's a crappy paint i did over it. i love my xlaces now. i never really liked them before. btw, i'm thinking about doing 2-tone on the gp. im gonna start a photoshop thread later though

silverprix.jpg