How wide...

Kalgorn

...are Cutty 5-spokes and early GP 5-spokes? I'm planning to hit up a j/y this Sunday so I want to try to find a nice set of 5-sokes. But I would like to eventually run 245s also. Are these wheels wide enough to run 245s? If not, are there any stock 5-spokes on a W-Body that are wide enough?

Thanks.

Yep, both 5-spokes are 16x7. No, they are not wide enough for 245s. You really need an 8" wide wheel for 245s. They came with 225s stock, but 235s should work. For comparisons sake, my wheels are 15x6 and came with 205s stock, but I have 225s on them now and they look fine.

yeah TGP rims are 16x8. BTW, I put 235's on my 16x6.5s no problem

Do the tires seem to stick much further out than the edge of the rim? If not too much, then maybe you can put 245's on a 16x7.

so how wide are 94+ gp five spokes? i was hoping to get 245/40 s for mine

Aren't they all the same?

I think the GP crosslaces are the only things you're gonna safely get 245s on..

94+ are also 7inches. i had my 245 45 on my 5 spokes just to check them out before i put them on my crosslaces and you could tell where the tire was not contacting the ground. it was probably almost .5" on each side. this translates to bad tire ware, poor contact surface area, and pretty much a waste of money on 245 tires where you would get the same contact area as 225's (because of the whole width of the tire not contacting the ground well). i wouldnt put 245's on. period. but it's up to you if you want to waste 245's which are usually going to be more expensive. i sure wouldnt want to go through a set of my $150/ea toyo proxes t1-s's more quickly than i needed to (okay, so i didnt pay that much but they're at least that much retail). you're better off with 225's on those wheels. find some x-laces if you really want 245's.

so JUST the tgp crosslaces are 16x8, or were there others?

The TGP crosslaces and every pre-97 GP crosslace were 16x8.

you're better off with 225's on those wheels. find some x-laces if you really want 245's.

I agree, but I would actually put 235's on. A 16x7 wheel can easily handle 235s without the tire issues you were talking about.

I don't wanna get flamed for this, but i have 225/60/14 tires on stock 14in Regal rims on my GS right now.:shock: They stick out a little bit past the rim, but IMO, they seem to look a lot better. I actually like they way they look on my car

100_1315.jpg

I don't wanna get flamed for this, but i have 225/60/14 tires on stock 14in Regal rims on my GS right now.:shock: They stick out a little bit past the rim, but IMO, they seem to look a lot better. I actually like they way they look on my car

100_1315.jpg

they do look nice

Damn... I don't think the look of the crosslaces fits the lines of the Z34. Plus I'm not a huge fan of them anyway, especially since I plan to refinish the wheels I find. I just love a nice set of 5-spokes on a car. I'll gowith 235 then if I find the wheels I'm looking for.

Thanks for the help.