Rear leaf spring help!

Bizzo

yeah its pretty simple. Theres only like 4 pads on the mono leaf that hold it in. The two end pucks ( if you want to call them that ) and then theres to kinda of in the middle of the lateral arms.

Jermey its easy... ive done it like 5 times already.... ill do a write up..

- loosen the lug nut on the rear tires

- jack up the rear of the car- in the center of the monoleaf there is a good jacking point. get the rear hi enough to at least get the tires off the ground

- add two jack stands to a safe location near the rear of the car as possible and raise to max height (not on trailing arm)

- remove both tires and set aside

- remove the jack if you havent already done so

- where the jack was remove the three (3) 10 mm bolts

- on either side of the center you will see a bracket, the driver side one is very visable but the passsenger one maynot be (isnt forsure with dual exhaust) i have a 10mm gear wrench i use and it works great! also a 1/4" drive rachet with a stubbt 10mm socket will work, if not youll have to drop the exhaust hangers i guess

- remove each strut by doing the following (IIRC) do one strut at a time

+ there is two (2) 15mm bolts on the top of the fender on the strut... i used a 1/2" impact wrench and two (2) 7" ish extentions to get in there with ease

+ the rear sway lins now have to be removed i believe they are 18mm but cant rememberr right there is two (2) on each strut. for rusty car you may need some WD-40 to loosen it up

+ at this point i find some wood or a small rim and put it under the rotor so i dont have to remove the braek lines when the strut drops

+now its time for the trailing arm... they are a nut and bolt 22mm i believe a wrench and a impact wrench works well here.

+ your strut should now be loose, pull it out of the fender a little if the side of the monoleaf hasnt droped out already

repeat for the other side if necessary, sometimes you can pop the whole monoleaf out without removing the other strut.

you monoleaf is now removed.

edit... im working on the install part now.... if you want me to make a new topic for this and make it a sticky maybe?? then i will do so

Installing a monoleaf:

these instruction are for the fibreglass monoleafs and the birchmount rear springs.

as for ease. there about the same, the birchmoun is easier in a way duew to not as much flex, you can just slide it into the one strut that already hanging and just giver from there... now for the instructions

- if both struts have been removed then put one back in using the instructon above, only in reverse.

- put one side of the monoleaf into the hole at the bottom of the strut area. the other side of the leaf is most likely hitting on the ground now.

- i like to use a jack here now to jack up the monoleaf as much as possible (i place the end of the monoleaf on the cup of the jack) then fasten the two (2) 10mm bolts on either side on the monoleaf, on the rubber mounting pads. your monoleaf should now secure.

- line up the not mounted side of the monoleaf with the hole for the monoleaf at the bottom of the strut.

- using the jack, go under the monoleaf mounting are and jack the strut to the corect height to easily reinstall all the bolts.... i like to install the training arm bolt first then doing the top mounts and going back to the alighnment/things/ sway bar.

- make sure all the bolts are tight

- reinstall the center pice you orriginally jack the car up on when starting to removve the monoleaf.

- put tires back on and tighten the bolts as much as you can.

- jack up the car a little more so that the jack stands are free to be removed. remove the jack stands

- lower the car slowly

- retighten the wheels fully

ya i hope this was an ok write up becasue thats about all i remember... fell free to add whatever