painting the lightbar

jeffline

I did several searches, but did not find what i needed

alright, i hate the look of the lightbar, swaping another front end is not an option,

so i need info on how i would go about painting it, and how much it will cost me

I know a couple of ou have done this, if you have PICS of painted lightbars please post them

car in sig

thanks

jeff

Take off the lightbar, pull off the emblem, prime it and paint it. Might want to rough it up a bit with some 800 or so grit sandpaper first so the paint sticks better. It'll cost you like ten bucks.

Call me crazy, but won't a "grille" (or filler panel, or whatever it's called) from a 88-89 bolt right in place of the lightbar? Or if not, I'm sure it'd be easier to fit in place of the lightbar than it would be to paint the lightbar altogether :shrug: ...

There were some early model sedans that didn't have the lightbar. They had the coupe bumper and fog lights. I'm just not sure if the styling of the bumper would match the rest of your body kit... if it matched any older coupe bumper should work too. You only need the bumper cover and regular foglights to do it.

• 1 month later...
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/360686/3

theres a 4dr with the light bar painted except for the fog light parts that looks like an 88-90... i think its ugly as sin, but i have seen pictures of the whole bar painted and it looks realy nice...

if he would have painted the ends at an angle as the coupe looks like, maybe it would look alittle better, and if he would have added an emblem from a coupe instead of that sedan emblem it would also add to the look. and yes this is ugly as sin, and i was also thinking of doing this same thing. but with a bit more taste.