Would this be excessive engine movement??? *VIDEO* 10mb

1990lumina

if your engine is rocking like his is, your lower mounts are the most likley culprit.

Check you upper mounts for cracks or dried and flakey urthane (most unlikely but does happen). If your upper mounts look good then its your lowers.

That was me who said they were oil filled, its like a grease, when i jacked up my motor you could see it all over the cup where the mount goes.

My engine was doing that also, i think i had more play tho.. wait..., yeah it had more play :o anyways the engine was off to the side adn the doggy bones were way off. I replaced the engine mount and the tranny mount, then it sort of got alligned, but not still, i just made some other holes and placed them there. Yeah, well at least i'm sure for the tranny bushing that has somesort of oil in it, i saw it, it looks like caramel, smells bad, and it feels wierd if u touch it. when i took off the motor mount, my frined moved the engine to the front i was working on the tranny mount and that thing just freaking squirted that juice out, it's almost orange. they have a 2 bolt set-up, had a hard time with the motor mount :x those bolts just wouldnt hook up to the holes no matter what we moved it.