How do I remove my radio (in the 94 GP)

ry92grandprixse

I'm guessing this is your '92.

Remove driver side kneeboard. (trim under steering column)

Pull the glove box door all the way down. (wiggle the hinges until it falls all the way down)

Remove 4 7mm bolts on each side of the bezel.

Remove 4 10mm bolts and pull the radio out. (or remove the bottom 2, and remove the radio, removing the top two once it's out)

If it's the '94, it could be just as easy as popping trim off. That's how my Bonneville is anyway.

I'm guessing this is your '92.

Nono... the 92 is stock 4eva!

If it's the '94, it could be just as easy as popping trim off. That's how my Bonneville is anyway.

Ok I will give that a try I'm just scared of breaking that plastic trim!

Ok I got the top part loose but I can't get the bottom part of the trim down by the console to come with it. And I bent one of those damn clips so now the right side doesn't go back in :twisted: :oops: Damn you GM! I knew I should have just sold the car with the non working cassette player and just let whoever buys it put in the new radio!

Am I going to have to take the console out to get this trim to come off, because everytime I keep trying it just seems to go down towards the cubby / console and won't move anymore. I'm almost ready to get a electric saw, and cut this d@mn plastic piece in half yank out the radio, put the new one in and take it to the body shop monday morning and go get me a new one of these and call me when you can install it! :oops: :lol:

Me :bash: Red Devil (The 94)

Okay, first you need to remove the upper console, and that requires you to remove the shift knob first. Look in the front of the knob for a "staple" shaped clip. Pry the clip out with a small screwdriver, then pull the knob straight up and off. Open the console lid, then pry up around the upper console and remove it. Look for 2 screws on the bottom of the radio trim plate. Remove those screws and the plate pops right off. Pry it from the bottom though, cause there are 2 small tabs holding it in place at the top...

Okay, first you need to remove the upper console, and that requires you to remove the shift knob first. Look in the front of the knob for a "staple" shaped clip. Pry the clip out with a small screwdriver, then pull the knob straight up and off. Open the console lid, then pry up around the upper console and remove it. Look for 2 screws on the bottom of the radio trim plate. Remove those screws and the plate pops right off. Pry it from the bottom though, cause there are 2 small tabs holding it in place at the top...

Crap that's what I was afraid of! I will just have dad do it tomorrow! Thanks!!!

Crap that's what I was afraid of! I will just have dad do it tomorrow! Thanks!!!

Wuss..

:lol:

Wuss..

:lol:

Pretty much! It's my job to buy them and keep them clean... its dad's and the dealerships job to keep them running and fix anything that breaks! :lol: This emotiocon :peace: probably has more mechanical knowledge then I do! :willynilly: I wouldn't even know where to begin if I tried to change my own oil :oops: And sure I can jack the car up, take the tire off and put a spare on but why :shrug: that's what I pay for roadside assistance for :lol:

:gone2far: I can safely say that you're a wuss if you can't change oil or a spare tire. Saying "that's what roadside assistance is for" is borderline retarded. There will eventually be a time that calling roadside assistance will be counterproductive and you'll HAVE to do it yourself.

Get out there and change a tire now, as penance.

Saying "that's what roadside assistance is for" is borderline retarded

AHAHAHHAHHAHAHAH thats halarious, i just changed my oil, and i put a fram filter in! time for the flaming

:gone2far: I can safely say that you're a wuss if you can't change oil or a spare tire. Saying "that's what roadside assistance is for" is borderline retarded. There will eventually be a time that calling roadside assistance will be counterproductive and you'll HAVE to do it yourself.

WERD.

AHAHAHHAHHAHAHAH thats halarious, i just changed my oil, and i put a fram filter in! time for the flaming

u M0R0N OMFG U R SAUUU STOOPID OMFG I KUD SHUTE MYSELEF IF I POOT A FRAME FILTUR IN MY KAR OMFG!!!!!111!!1!!TWELVE~!~!!!!!!!TILDE

I said I CAN change a tire... I've done it before. :wink:

u M0R0N OMFG U R SAUUU STOOPID OMFG I KUD SHUTE MYSELEF IF I POOT A FRAME FILTUR IN MY KAR OMFG!!!!!111!!1!!TWELVE~!~!!!!!!!TILDE

HAHAHA thats halarious! i had to read that really slow

• 3 weeks later...

Installing my Kenwood deck w/ the Walmart kit was one of the easiest things I've ever done to my car. I'd rather change another deck than do something as physical as rotate the tires. :lol: