Bug and Tar removal

5speedz34

Well, since the W-body meet earlier this month I haven't truly had a chance to was my car. :shock: I know it's been like 3 weeks and my car never moved during the whole fuel line fiasco. So of course it collected some tar and gunk.

I need to remove it, I just washed the car to get some of the easy stuff off but I don't want to rub to hard onto the paint.

What's the best way to get rid of this stuff without wrecking or stripping my wax.

I'm thinking goo-gone.

I use any type of Bug & Tar remover...but Tony, I don't know whether anything is going to preserve the wax on the car.

If all you have on there is bugs I bought this cool sponge thing called a "Bug brush". It is a sponge that has netting on the outside of it. It was around $3 and it works awesome, especially if you soak the bugs before hand with water to loosen them some.

As for tar, anything petroleum based will remove it, but it will probably remove your wax as well

Wash. Dry. Clay Bar. Wash. Dry. Wax. Wax. Drive.

But an easier way would be to get one of those sponges with the fishnets over it and try that to start with. Even the bug and tar remover, but I can't stand the overspray if it's a windy day.

I already Clay Barred the thing 3 weeks ago and completely polished and waxed it.

I really just have a few sap spots. I need to get off. I have an idea now of what I need to do.

I want to rewax my car, should I polish and wax or just wax?

I would say just wax. You don't want to polish too much, you will eventually hurt the paint, or at least the clear coat.

I have honestly never used a "polish" on the car, I always just clay bar and wax, although I guess it would be a good idea to polish it every now and then huh....

I would say just wax. You don't want to polish too much, you will eventually hurt the paint, or at least the clear coat.

I have honestly never used a "polish" on the car, I always just clay bar and wax, although I guess it would be a good idea to polish it every now and then huh....

The thing is when you clay bar you strip everything off the car including the wax. I just want to put something down over the current wax.

Well...if your wanting to protect the current wax, I'd just go the spray on stuff from Wally World. Thats probably the easiest route to take.

Fuck spray on, I'll use the Mothers quick detailer for in between waxing.

I guess I 'll go die hard throw on another coat tommorow or something.

• 2 weeks later...