New GM Engines

91GranSport

Does anyone know what new engines GM us coming out with? I mean their new engines for their cars, I don't really care about their truck engines really. I think they have a new 2.0L L4 for their Cavalier/Sunfire that's supposed to replace the old 2.2, but I think they're keeping the 2.4L Twin Cam. I haven't heard anything about the W-Body. I'm not sure what designation the LeSabre/Bonneville/Aurora chassis has, but I think it's almost the same as the Seville. Maybe H-Body? Well, I haven't heard of any new engines coming out for the LeSabre/Bonneville and I know the Aurora will be discontinued shortly.

Have you heard about the new car GM is bringing over from Australia? I think it was the Holden Manaro or something like that. Anyways, it looks alot like a GP but it will be the new Pontiac GTO. v-8 RWD! Couldv'e been the next Cutlass though. Pick up an Autoweek if you can find one, there's always stuff in there about the newset cars and engines.

Yeah, the Holden platform GTO will be available with an LS1 V8. It's a pretty slick looking car too. In my eyes, it looks kind of like a cross between a Grand Prix coupe and a new BMW 3-series.

There was a rumor on the mailing list that the next Monte Carlo will be built on that platform and will no longer be a W-car.

So I'm guessing this new Pontiac GTO is supposed to replace the Pontiac Trans Am. Is it a unibody? What platform designation would it have? I'm guessing it won't be a W-Body! I don't care much about the Monte Carlo, they should just kill it all together. They ruined the Monte Carlo name as well as the Impala name when they came out with those ugly-ass designs. I don't think there's a large market for 2-door midsize cars now. Most coupes are usually smaller, say the size of a Sebring or something. We'll just have to wait and see how people react to Pontiac's new GTO.

For the money they want for that Holden GTO, I'd rather drop an LS1 into my Caprice and use the rest to turn it into an Impala SS clone...or actually, for that money, I could buy an Impala SS and I'd probably still have enough for that LS1 :D....maybe even a supercharger!

-MaD-

I believe it is unibody. It replaces the Firebird AND the Grand Prix coupe.

I think GM is assuming anyone who wants a coupe will also want RWD. It would make sense that the Monte Carlo will also be built on this platform.

There are more pics of the Holden Monaro here:

http://www.holden.com.au/www-holden/action/modeloverview?modelid=12001

I think it's a really cool looking coupe.

At heart, I tend to be a sedan guy, I love the 4-Door "sleeper" styling. Actually, most coupes are nice looking, I just love the room/style of Sedans. It gives the appearance of a bigger car.

But, I'll have to agree, this is a sweet car. It reminds me of an Intrepid, actually. And I love those cars.

...Even with their mitsubishi engines :oops:

-MaD-

I'm not sure what designation the LeSabre/Bonneville/Aurora chassis has, but I think it's almost the same as the Seville. Maybe H-Body? Well, I haven't heard of any new engines coming out for the LeSabre/Bonneville and I know the Aurora will be discontinued shortly.

The Lesabre, Bonneville and Park Avenue? is a H-Body. Aurora is a G-Body. The new H-Bodys are a modified version of the Aurora platform. 2003 will be the last year of the Aurora with the Final 500 due ou in June.